We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manor side, any info?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga NY
3 posts
Save Topic
Manor side, any info?

We are heading down to SOR March 4th and would love to hear any and all info on the manor side, We have a Honeymoon Villa? Any help?

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Manor side, any info?

Hey there Noodles44, Have a great time, and please send pictures when you return, We will be looking for your post when you return, And I will give you our email addy. Also please let us know of any tips that would help us enjoy SOR more. Chargerfan

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Manor side, any info?

Noodles 44, Hope you have a great time, please send pictures, We are counting the days till we get there, We'll keep checking here for your return and will give you our email addy. And any tips on how best to enjoy SOR would really help. Thanks.

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Manor side, any info?

Hey there Noodles44, Have a great time there and please send pictures when you return, We'll keep checking here for your post and well send you our email addy, Also if you could give us any tips on how to enjoy SOR better would be great, take care and have fun. ChargerFan.

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Manor side, any info?

Is anyone else having problems with posting, I rewrote this post 5 times nad everytime I hit send it said i had to confirm, Now it posted all of them. Grrrrrrr.

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Manor side, any info?

D&K....Did you stay in one of the Plantation Honeymoon Villa's? If so, you said it had a mini-bar? I wasn't sure whether this room category came with any stocked beverages like water or softdrinks even.

I'm so happy to read these positive postings! I was beginning to be a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but we had decided that we weren't going to sweat any small stuff......We were going to be on VACATION in JAMAICA so, how bad could it be???????????

Chargerfan's Wife

D&K
Washington State
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Manor side, any info?

Don't be nervous about your vacation!!!! Don't believe all the negative reviews. Just go there with an open mind and positive attitude and everything else will fall into place.

In response to your question regarding the mini-bar. Ours was stocked with Coke, Diet Coke, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Bottled Water, Red Stripe, Champagne and a bottle of wine. There was also a bottle of rum, vodka, gin, and whiskey(?) in our room. Of course, this wasn't enough LOL. We called the concierge and asked that a bottle of tequila be delivered and they were only too happy to accomodate our request (actually requested several times during our stay!!!!!!) It did take until the following day to get the tequila because we arrived at night but, who cares, we were on vacation. It's not like we couldn't find a bar that was open with tequila readily available.

Hope all this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Manor side, any info?

Chargerfan - my husbands boss just got back from SGOR and had NO complaints. He returned on 2/5. He said service, food, location, etc. etc. was great. We go every year and we recommended this resort to him and are so happy that they had a great time. He is still talking about how it was so nice not too do nothing!

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Manor side, any info?

We are so excited and can't wait to get there.....We're expecting 12-18 inches of snow here tomorrow so that makes Jamaica sound all that much better!

Thanks for the responses.........We're not worriers normally, but some of the reviews did throw us a little bit! Looking forward to relaxation, fun-in-the-sun, and cocktails by the pool!

Illinois
14 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Manor side, any info?

Hey Chargerfan and DK: I'm glad to hear that there is a mini bar in the plantation honeyroom villa w/pool. I won't worry about getting a up-grade. I just looks like a long walk to get a drink from the villa. Chargerfan I'll be very happy to send pictures to you. I think I'm going to buy a newer digital camera before We go. I'm not sure how I'm going to get your e-mail decretley (sp?)!!! Like I said before, this will be our third sandals resort...It's all good...no snow blowers...cell phones...and plenty of cocktails!!!!!!!!