We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset jamaica grande

Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
sunset jamaica grande

Please someone provide a true review/picture (do not mean that literally-pic) of this hotel, there are so many controversial reviews. Some post what a great resort, others post room w/bed bugs. Hard to make any kind sense out of some TA posters.

Those who did NOT like the hotel, is it because you were expecting 5* property, it is only a 3 maybe 3 1/2*, if you expect a 5* check the ratings on different vendor sites and you will see the price difference.

The Ritz is a 5*, you pay a minimum $200-250 for a standard room, a vacation including air (depending on where you travel from say mid-west US) is going to be very costly so add it up.

Without air SJG is running $100 give or take pp nightly. Do the math.

Those who rave about it, please provide your opinion of the beach/food/beverages. Not a big foodie, so if the reservation only dining is best, I can do that.

Thank you all,

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sunset jamaica grande

When standing in the lobby and facing registration is the South Tower to your right or left?

Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sunset jamaica grande

hmm..maybe I have been missing out, as I like nutty flavors not a big fan of scrambled eggs (which I now have to eat even tho I prefer over easy). I might have to try it, I can always have something else if I do not like it. I am a very picky eater.

Do you know what they cook it with? I am allergic to most dairy products.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: sunset jamaica grande

CoolPapa, If I remember correctly, it's to your right and feels like it's almost above you.

Ahvolare, I think the ackee was steamed and may have had a little oil in it. I've also had it with a little tomato and peppers. I still can't believe I've avoided it for 16 years because of its appearance.(rolling eyes) What I've been missing! The mains surprising thing about it was that I didn't find it to be bland, as I expected.

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sunset jamaica grande

we are going to the Resort please tell me wich one is the South Towe reverybody says the rooms are better we booked Ocean front since I hahe a hard time walking to far I would like to be close to everything.

Please could somebody tell me what is a good spot

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: sunset jamaica grande

South tower is right above where u check in. the elevator is "around the corner from check in desk"

16. Re: sunset jamaica grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 15, 2013
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now