We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts with Hammocks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts with Hammocks

Greetings.... well, I tried searching and got limited or outdated info...

Basically, looking for an All-Inclusive or upscale resort that has Hammocks... preferably on the balcony... or if not lots of them scattered around the resort.

A couple of the Couples resorts seemed to have them in the past, but they don't appear to be on their websites anymore.

Nothing else matters :) I just need a good hammock :)

Any ideas ?

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

The Atrium Suites at Couples Swept Away have a hammock on the balcony - they are our favourite rooms!

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

I've read about hammocks scattered around at Couples San Souci, & this came up in a forum post:

Tell them to check out the whole resort early. There are a lot of tucked away spots, like the hot tub up from the mineral pool, and the hammocks further up from the mineral pool.

Toronto
Level Contributor
828 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

Isn't it funny that a simple hammock can make you think tropical paradise yet out of the 15 years of traveling to the "tropics" I have yet to lay in one! That's it. Next place I visit must have hammocks! And not banana hammocks either lmao!

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

Okay, this isn't in Jamaica so don't get mad at me, but google Exellence Playa Mujeres just north of Cancun. They have hammocks IN the pool! This resort is on my "go to someday" list!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Playa Mujeres
Playa Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

LOL ! Thanks everyone for the responses ! Cheers..

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

I too love a hammock. Couples Negril has them on the patio of their suites, and like already mentioned, CSA has them on the balconies of the atrium suites ( may favorite room at CSA also). No better place to nap, then on a hammock in the middle of a hot afternoon.

bookitBev- thanks for the info on the hammocks in the pool at Exellence Playa Mujeres , who know maybe someday if I ever return to Mexico !

Edited: 11:51 pm, July 04, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Playa Mujeres
Playa Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Level Contributor
383 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

They are all over css. We are here now.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island has numerous hammocks all over the property. Two are in the clothing optional section of the Private Island, others are overlooking the water/beach in the main property.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
772 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

Sandals Grande Riviera also has them scattered throughout the property. Definately on the Riviera side, not too sure about the Manor side though.

westend
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts with Hammocks

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean recently put in dozens of hamocks.

Definetly not a Sandals or Couples though.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Royal Decameron Club...
4,112 Reviews
Jamaica