We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from SGOR

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Just Back from SGOR

Happy to answer any questions.

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from SGOR

What room type did you stay in? I have booked a plantation one bed room suite would like to find someone that has stayed in one. Or at least had concierge level room. I am aware what they Can not do; but would like to know what they can. Also they said you have VIP check-in and wanted to know how that is any different. Thanks

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from SGOR

With a Concierge Level Room, you will be taken into an air-conditioned room during the check in process to fill out your paperwork..

Make sure if you are not taken in there right away to let someone know you are a concierge guest, as they may overlook it.. =)

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from SGOR

Also the Concierge "can" book you a dinner reservation at Kimono's over at the Dunn's River resort (which is a must do! YUMMY!!), they can book spa treatments, and tours for you so you don't have to stand at the tour desk. You can make requests with them for room items you might need, ie; towels, soap, etc..

You will also have a special cocktail hour/party with the other Concierge guests and staff. (you will get an invitation in your room upon arrival)

Have fun!

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from SGOR

thanks for all the good info. It is appreciated. Do you need dinner reservations for all places at Dunn's or just Kimono's ?

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from SGOR

I think just Kimono's, but I'm not entirely sure. We've only ever eaten at Kimono's at SDR when we stay at SGOR. =)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from SGOR

Okay winterblues - what did you think overall????

How were the bugs that you were asking about before you left? Did you do any excursions?

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from SGOR

only two bugs grasshopper and a cockroach.

The staff was great always happy and ready to assist in any way.

We went as a large group so had difficulty getting into the restaurants.

Best meal was at the Bayside the last night of our stay.

Would not say anything bad about the resort but it is not what i usually look for in a holiday.

We went on the cruise to dunns river and snorkeling had great fun.

We were going to the bike tour but had four days of rain.

If you are going I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

The only bad part to the holiday was the planes were late both ways