We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from SGOR last night! Excellent!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from SGOR last night! Excellent!!

I am just amazed at all the bad reviews that I read before we went to this resort!

I won't write a major review right now, but I have to say that the Manor side was awesome. The riviera was very nice as well but loud with all the people and the amphitheatre. The Villas were so peaceful and beautiful even though I did not use the semi-private pool, well worth it. Friends spent the first night in the Manor house and moved the next day because it was a little loud. The food was great and not so great in my opinion, depending on where you ate. I won't get into detail because everyone has different tastes when it comes to food. The jitneys could be a little quicker in my opinion, alot of times we just walked because we were tired of waiting. This is not something to let your trip be ruined over though. The Dunns river tour was cool but the shopping in this area is absolutly the downfall to this tour. They are very aggressive, it is not like this in town at places like Sonis shopping. I would of loved to buy something but got very irriatated at Dunns, don't be rude though this is there way of life.

Staff was awesome at this resort, definately would go back to a Sandals.

Sorry, I guess this is somewhat like a review.

overall, If you can't have fun here than you are not alive.

Saw some people that you know will be the bad review, snobby complain about everything type people.

Oh, and met someone from this forum(Blyon, I believe) that were upgraded and were a little upset about that, so hopefully they got that resolved and had a good trip.

If I remember anything else I will let you know.

Mark.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from SGOR last night! Excellent!!

Welcome back Mark. Glad you had a good time.

Did you have a chance to check out the Piano Bar on the Riveria side?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from SGOR last night! Excellent!!

Hi Laurie, I did not get a chance. We would be so dang tired by the time 9-10:00 came around that we would head to the Villa and relax most nights.

NH
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from SGOR last night! Excellent!!

Excellent! Glad you had fun! Now I really cannot wait to get there. What type of suite did you stay in at the villas? Are you going to post some pics? I laugh when I read the bad reviews with the "beautiful" pics of the resort attached. I have never been to Jamaica or SGOR but cannot understand how someone can complain about a place that is so beautiful and big.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean