We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

First - Thank you to all those travelers that have posted just useful information - Much appreciated!!

We are headed to Couples Ocho Rios end of Feb. (Can't wait!)

Couple questions:

1. Are there coffee makers in the rooms at Couples? (I've read the coffee is not all that great)

2. Anybody purchase/try any cigars in Jamaica?

3. We are looking forward to some beach strolling and nature trails, will we find this at Couples or will we need to explore further?

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

Greetings 'godspeed',

You can definately find good cigars throughout Jamaica, I don't smoke them myself, but I do know that many people mention good cigars at good prices in Jamaica.

There are nature trails at COR and overall I think the property is beautiful, however the beach is not really that long.

Yes there are coffee-makers in the rooms. As far as the coffee being "not all that great"... No it won't be highest quality blue mountain coffee, however I think even the "worst" coffee in Jamaica is above average.

Blessings and respect to you. ENJOY!

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
2. Re: Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 14, 2007
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

Yes it's usually bags of "Baron Hall Estates High Mountain Coffee" in the rooms I think isn't it?

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Saint Johnsbury...
Level Contributor
86 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

We will be at the SJG Feb 25-March 4, I also can't wait.

I was also very curious about cigars and posted a query on a cigar forum I frequent. The consensus seems to be that the Cuban cigars there are mostly fakes. Try this link to view the discussion there: www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19524

Enjoy!

Hudson, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee, Cigars, Beaches - OH My!

Just got back from Couples San Souci on the 28th. Coffee is good from room service but so so at the French restaruant(were they serve breakfast) Not Dunkins or Starbucks quality but definately better then your garden diner (ihop-waffle house. ETC.) blends.

Cigars- I have been over 20 islands over the last 5 years and i would have to say over all that Jamaica is one of the most expensive places to shop cigars for example. I usually buy Cubans-Montecristos 4's (not the Dominicans) for a box of 5 it was $55.00us. Paid $10.00 us in Barbados last year for the same thing.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean