We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at SGOR

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Snorkeling at SGOR

How is the snorkeling at SGOR? Have heard that there is decent stuff right off the beach, and that they take 2 or 3 excursions per day. Whats the scoop?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at SGOR

I have done the snoreling there three times so far at SGOR. It is just okay. I never saw a ton of fish but it is pretty anyway.

I also heard that snorkeling right at the beach by the reef is just as good. They do go out three times a day and I think the last time is around 2:00pm?

Just an FYI - I snorkeled three times there and was stung two years ago by a jelly fish. Not severe but it did burn. So ask how it is out there first. I never ever thought I would get stung. They did take very good care of me though and I am still alive ha ha.

I think you are out for around 30 minutes?

There are also booze cruises on a catamaran that goes out and parties, stops and Margaritaville and then stops for snorkeling where a river meets the ocean and that is really cool to do. You can feel warm and cool water mixing. A lot of fun!

Indinapolis, In
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at SGOR

how much did that booze cruise costs? were the snorkling trips through Sandals included?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at SGOR

The snorkeling at the resort itself is included but the booze cruise, etc. is extra that goes out to Margaritaville. I think it was around $45 a person? Rum punch and a good time is included.