We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

My fiance and I are going to SOR on March 10th and getting married there on the 12th. We decided to splurge for our "weddingmoon" and I booked the Romeo and Juliet suite. Has anyone stayed in this room? Does anyone have a pictures or a good description of the room?

I have read tons of reviews since I found this site and while I take the bad with a grain of salt. I am looking forward to our trip. We did get promotion that inculded the flight from Montgeo to Ocho so looks like we're saved from the bus trip, but I have warned all the guests we have coming.

I have been in super close contact with my travel agent and our wedding coordinator from Sandals and I am confident we will enjoy our stay and everything will be as perfect as we hope. It is our wedding / honeymoon afterall...is it really about the resort or my marrying the love of my life :)

We have double and triple confirmed our spa credit and I have a shipping date for our free luggage. So I'm not overly worried though I am keeping my fingers crossed, just in case.

Plaistow, NH
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

We have also booked the same type room for April 25 ,2005

for our honeymoon. Please send your review.

It seems people love it or hate it. I think people don't realize

or forget they are going to a 3rd world country. It's very different from our lifestyle.Best of wishes for your weddingand future together!

Findlay, Ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

I too have booked the Romeo and Juliet sweet for my honeymoon (August 1-8). I suspect all of the wrinkles will be ironed out by the time you go in March. I'm also looking for the same type of information that you're looking for, so when you return, a review would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your trip and don't screw up the room for us! :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Bride2be...

I, too, am going in November. If you have a review or some pics when you get back, can I have a look at them? I know you're excited -- I wish I would've had my wedding at Sandals:)

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Of course! I will definetly come back with tons of pics and post the link to my wedding site. I'll also do a review of the property. I can't wait! I am counting the days!

TQ
Cleveland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Bride2Be and everyone else who was made paranoid by this forum, please read on....

I was afraid to make this trip after reading several negative comments regarding the resort, and equally upset that I was spending a pretty penny to stay in a Romeo & Juliet suite. We returned yesterday and I can only say that it was the best vacation in my life. I am well travelled and have visited Australia, 13 European countries, 4 Asian countries, and everywhere from Napa Valley to Miami, Cancun to Calgary. Jamaica is a blast! (I already began looking for a return trip in April)

First of all, the resort is now host to the greatest pool in the Caribean. From the cabanas, to the tiered patios, to the swim-up bar, this place is amazing. We are from Cleveland and like to leave the snow, feel the hot sun, and make the most of every minute of every day. We spent 1 day at the beach (bottom section) and the remainder of the time at the pool. We are 33 and 29, and never once ran into a couple (young or old) that we did not like and did not agree to meet-up with later in the trip. Don't get me wrong, the beach is nice and we enjoyed our day down there, but even the guests staying at the Riviera (beach section) flocked to the Manor (upper pool area) from 10:00am - 5:00pm. Bring your sunblock, a few sets of swimwear, and sunglasses, because you are in the direct sunlight from 9:00am - 6:00pm.

The food was far above my expectations, as I was expecting your typical Las Vegas buffet fair. Breakfast is always fresh and rather interesting, lunch was great (but then again I ate jerk chicken every single day for lunch!), and the dinners were far above average. Make sure you eat more than one dinner at Sanganera, one dinner at Valentino, and one dinner at the Manor. Everything else was just average.

The R&J suite was great and we really enjoyed the two butlers, but remember that you chose the room for the private pool, private jacuzzi, and private courtyard. Though the butlers are sincere, they represent the one thing some people consider negative about Jamaica --- slow service. Personally, I left 28 inches of snow to find 88 degrees of sunshine so my patience level was not bothered (some local smoke also kept my nerves at ease); however, I can see why people may complain, so do yourself a favor and expect to wait a little longer for everything. But believe me, there are "no problems 'mon".

All-in-all, the place is amazing, the people are friendly, and you cannot possibly have a bad time. Forget everything else you have read and trust me that you have nothing to fear - although I gained 9 lbs in 1 week! Just make sure you visit Dunn's River Falls...rain or shine!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Not sure, but you might could find some pictures at tropictravelonline.com, look in the gallery I think it is, for pictures of Sandals resorts.

Findlay, Ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

TQ: From a fellow Ohioan, thanks for the post. Do you have any pictures of the R&J suite by chance? I'd be willing to provide an email address, if you'd be willing to email them. I'm glad you had such a good time, and thanks again for the info.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

I am so glad to have found this forum and your review. We are staying in the R&J suite in July and I am dying to see pictures. If you have any please let us know and I will also provide my email so you can send them. Thank you in advance.

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

YAY a review...hehe...now if I can find some pics....

Thanks for the review. I'll make sure we plan to wait when we use the butlers for something I appreciate the heads up!

-B2B

Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios - Romeo and Juliet Suite? Anyone :)

Thanks TQ for your review,

I'm truly thinking about booking the R&J suite for my surprise anniversary gift to my husband. I'm so happy that you guys enjoyed yourselves! Being that I'm from the Cleveland area as well, a nice time where the sun is beaming brightly at 88 degrees or more during the winter is always a pleasure.

Mentioned in this post