We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to SGOR recently?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to SGOR recently?

We're getting ready to go back to SGOR in April..YAY! and I was checking out the Sandals website and I saw them mention a new Martini/Sushi type late night type bar at their signature resorts.

I also noticied on SGORs website that they seemed to say 12 bars then after it (after expansion), they can't still be talking about the expansion from last year can they?

Has anyone been there recently and noticied any new bars? Just curious what to look for...lol...

Also has anyone that's been there had butler service? I've booked our butler already, but I don't see many people mentioning it and I wanted to make sure they can still make dinner rservations and reserve cabana's...yes I'm being spoiled...I know...I know...I hear it from my husband already...

Anyway thanks for any info. I hate to bug my butler with another email since we've exchanged so many already to set up all the details of our room, arrival, anivesary, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mere (Happy Bride!)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to SGOR recently?

How did you get in touch with your butler? We are leaving in the morning and haven't heard one thing from ours.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to SGOR recently?

We had butler service when we stayed in December. Our butlers (Andre and Dainey) were able to make dinner reservations for us. They took us to the restaurant and seated us also.

Our butlers did reserve a cabana for us, although they told us they are not supposed to. We didn't really see anyone else having reserved cabanas.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the butler service.

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to SGOR recently?

Thanks JeninWI - Thanks for the reassurance about the reservations. I have to say I loved that. I just had read somethings that made me think twice..should have gone with what I already knew...lol... I think that last year they weren't "supposed" to reserve cabana's then either, but I think that they'll do it here and there if you ask.

Cannock - I have my butlers email address because he gave it to us last year when we where leaving the resort (we exchange emails addys and home addys). We exchanged emails for quite some time after out trip, and only stopped when we moved and changed jobs, and things just got hectic, which is why our trip to Jamaica can't come soon enough!

We are having one of the same butlers, Duke, this year, we had Duke and Dainey last year. We are lucky enough to have Duke again this year for our stay so we've been been exchange emails recently and discussing details. He's helping me plan the late celebration of our aniversary, a nice little dinner on the beach, and just a couple other little fun things :-).

I don't think if you haven't been there before you would have contact with your butler before your arrival, but don't worry, as soon as you arrive at the resort you'll meet them.

-Meredith (Happy Bride)