We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool temp in Feb?

BWH
Afghanistan
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Pool temp in Feb?

Are the pools warm enough to swim in in Feb? Are the private pools at the R&J suite heated? How about the private whirlpools at the R&J suites? Normal air temp for Feb?

Thanks

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pool temp in Feb?

As you might recall last Jan. 2005 Jamaica expericenced a rare cold front. At the same time the east coast had a sever snow storm that caused flight delays and some lucky people had to stay in Jamaica a few extra days! The cold front was extremely rare.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
722 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pool temp in Feb?

The average temp was in the mid 80's when we were there. It was a heat wave as to what the temps were in Pittsburgh. I guess it's everyone's personal preference as stated in an earlier post.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
518 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pool temp in Feb?

The cold front could be the case (let's hope so). I am from L.A. but there honestly wasn't anyone in the pools.

I believe it's better to have realistic expectations and be pleasantly suprised than not be aware of the possibility of bad weather/cold pools at all.

It did put a damper on our vacation - we still had a good time, but could've been much better - I was told Jan. was "high" season and it would be warm. I never though to ask about the pool temperature.

This is just so people don't go there with HIGH expectations and then be disappointed. Everything I have ever read about Jamaica is that the weather is ALWAYS great maybe a few short showers and then it's sunny. On my few trips that just wasn't the case. Fluke? Maybe.

Maybe my expectations were too high because of the general comments about the weather being great year round.

We are going the first week in April. I am not expecting "perfect" weather but know that it is "possible" and likely.

I truly love Jamaica for all of its beauty and mostly the people. That's why we go back time and again.

I don't mean to be negative, just honest.