We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

Hello,

I've been reading all the reviews and postings regarding the lack of space at all the a la carte restaurants....it's upsetting me mostly because I LOVE to eat..lol..

Any ideas to reserve early, can we reserve over the phone before departure?.. I'm not sure how people can actually get in, if they are book weeks in advance...i mean you're only spending a week or so there.

I read in one of the reviews that you can tip your way in? is that true? How much to tip? and do you have show up to the restaurant and slip the guy some dough? lol.. have never done that before..so any advice to "Be smooth"?

Thanks people!!!

england
Level Contributor
162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

we are also concerned about this as we are going over the new year week so i e mailed the riu and asked if there was any way we could book ahead and was told no we could only book after we have arrived so i replyed to their e mail that if the restaurants are booked up 2 weeks in advance that we would have no chance of getting in and could they look at reducing the visits to 1 time per stay which would give everyone who is only going for a week the same chance of getting in - they have not replyed yet !!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
359 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

that is one of the reasons why I switched to the Sunset Jamaica Grande!!!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

Getting a reservation is very difficult. There are two guys sitting at tables by the lobby and you have to go stand in line and see what is available for the week. We got in line on Saturday and was told that there is nothing available at any restaurants until Tuesday, and just at the Steakhouse. To have a chance at a variety of places I would recommend getting down there early to get in front of the line. We got down late and had one choice on day, time, and restaurant. We stood in line for awhile and when we got there he pretty much said "how does the steakhouse on Tuesday, at 8 sound" There were some people getting very angry at this situation, but I was fine with the buffets so I didn't mind. Plus I am not a big fan of getting dressed up on vacation.

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

I know.. it's so annoying.. I'd hate to be eating the same thing every night. Do you think the Japanese restaurant is better since it's only for the Suite people?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

Many people told me that the Japanese Restaurant is very good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

here is what i wrote to the riu. hoping for a response.

Hi I have reservations for the above dates at your hotel and have a few questions. first where are the standard ocean front rooms located? do you have room service available? and as far as reservations for your ala carte rest. why is it booked 2 weeks in advance as I have been told by other returning guests?? how do we go about getting in these restraunts to eat all week if they are booked?> do you not have a way to get everyone a turn to not have to eat buffet all the time. Your hotel states dining in all 6 of the restraunts but the hidden fact is that there are only 2 available both buffets when this resort is at full capacity, as it will be next weekend/ Want to clarify these things since this is a very special vacation for us. thanks janet

United States
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

I'm going on the 20th for only 4 days, I guess there won't be any alacart res for me. I will let everyone know how much it will take to get in.

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

so did anyone tip your way in?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get into the restaurants at Riu Ocho Rios?

I posted RIU Head office contact info - go check it out.