We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?'s regarding SOR and nearby activities

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
6 posts
Save Topic
?'s regarding SOR and nearby activities

First, let me begin with letting you all know how much I have enjoyed reading this forum over the last couple months and appreciate so much all the info that i have found on so many different topics. I will be staying at Sandals Ocho Rios March 6-12 and am very much looking forward to it despite all the bad reviews that I have been reading lately on various travel forums. ,. It will be my first physical trip to Jamaica ( I have been going there in my imagination for years). Normally I wouldn't consider myself an "all-inclusive resort stereotype", however we were able to get a great deal, so decided to check it out. My questions for now are these - does SOR have any form of gaming/gambling, e.g. cards, slot machines, etc. ? I have been searching the net and have not been able to find much information on this subject for all of Jamaica. Also, has anyone here ever done the "Nine Mile Tour" ? To actually visit where Bob Marley was born and has been laid to rest and been a goal of mine for many, many years. I have seen a few tour companies on line that offer this excursion, and was wondering if it is worth booking thru them, or just making the journey myself. Next question - would anyone have any words of wisdom on parasailing and 4 wheeling (ATVing) near SOR. And lastly, I found a brief article on a program called Meet the People - where you can get matched up with a Jamaican couple who have the same interests as yourself, to really experience and find out about the "real" Jamaica as opposed to the "resort vacation experience". Sorry to bombard you with so many questions on my first post - but I thank you in advance for your time and info.

Novi, MI
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ?'s regarding SOR and nearby activities

Good Questions! I will also be at SOR that very week getting married on the 12th! From my travel agent, I do know there is no gambling and parasailing and ATV's are all listed at the resort. I bought a book at a local Borders on Jamaica and the map of ocho Rios includes the resting place of Bob Marley.

I hope more insight can be shed for us!

Really freakin...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ?'s regarding SOR and nearby activities

I'll be there 3/3-3/8, and can offer the following:

Bob Marley's grave is about to be moved to Ethiopia, so I'm not sure how that will affect the Nine Mile Tour. They have not specified a date, however I'm thinking it will be at the end of February.

Check out Hooves Jamaica for horse back riding tours. I've never seen so many positive reviews of any attraction. I think we're going to book a beach ride with them.

I'm currently trying to see what the school supply thing is all about. There are some posts here about it. My understanding is that they are in need of supplies, and it's a great way to either give back to the folks who make possible your vacation, or to tip, even though Sandals does not allow it. But I could be wrong about this.