We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Jamaica Grande and Ocho Rios opinions from Families

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Jamaica Grande and Ocho Rios opinions from Families

We are narrowing down our choice of resorts but would like some feedback from people who have gone to Sunset Jamaica Grande with kids (ours are 10 and 8), their experience from food to beach to rooms to everything. Also, can you tell me if you ventured into the town of Ocho Rios from the resort, where did you go with your kids and maybe where you would NOT go.

Thanks for all you can tell us.

Canuck Dad.

Iowa
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grande and Ocho Rios opinions from Families

jjackson01: Hi. We have been to this property 8 times, and returning a 9th time in February. It is a wonderful place for children. We have a 10-year-old girl, and always travel with other friends and family with children, age 5-10. Now that the new Club Mongoose is reopened and in it's original place your kids will love it. The staff there is absolutely the best. We shop almost everyday, going down to the markets and shops which are just beyond the main gates of the hotel. Our daughter loves to shop, but we have left her at the "club" and felt very, very secure doing that! The Jamaica people are wonderful, and every year they always remember us, even down in the market area. You should definitely book with the Sunset Jamaica Grande. We were just there in June during heavy construction and renovations, and it was amazing! The resort is by far the best and the biggest on the island! Enjoy!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grande and Ocho Rios opinions from Families

Hi jjackson01,

I see your still asking questions about SJG, I just hope that the above post has helped.

If you watch the SJG thread you will see someone has just come back who you can ask direct questions by the name of "Packmybags".

There will be a lot of reviews in the next few weeks as those on the thread are now leaving and coming back one after the other.