We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sunset Jamaica Grande etc for Kids/Family

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Sunset Jamaica Grande etc for Kids/Family

This is our first trip to Jamaica (2 adults, 2 kids one 8 and one 10) and we are at a loss as to where to stay, even which area, Negril, Mobay or Ocho.

Any suggestions from parents would be appreciated including those about the SJG. I'm new here but from what I been reading, can I assume correctly that the SJG just went through a reno? We are looking at the new Riu Ocho Rios but not sure there is enough for the kids to do. We are resort/beach people who may venture off the resort for a tour or two but do not need the nightlife etc.

PLEASE HELP!

Confused in Canada

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sunset Jamaica Grande etc for Kids/Family

Hi ijackson01,

The SJG would be fine for your family and anything you want to know just put your question on the thread below.

Have you looked at other hotels?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147312-i110-k2257…

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sunset Jamaica Grande etc for Kids/Family

Have you looked either FDR (fdr runaway bay or pebbles) or even starfish trelawny.

I am a huge fan of FDR in runaway bay but I may at starfish as my son gets older. He is 8 and loves fdr.

Two words that make your family vacation a dream: "Vacation Nannies"

Waldorf, Maryland
Level Contributor
296 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sunset Jamaica Grande etc for Kids/Family

Hi, We were ging with Starfish until I found the RIU Ocho Rios. Check out Starfish on www.superclubs.com