We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation in July

Northbrook, Illinois
12 posts
Save Topic
Family vacation in July

I'm having trouble deciding whether to take our family of 10 adults, kids 14, 12 3&haf and 1 yr., to Jamaica to an all in-clusive, or to the Riviera Maya to an all-inclusive. Anyone have a comparison to help me decide?

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation in July

I cant compare but I can tell you that I took my family to Beaches Negril in Sept. and we had a wonderful time. The water was 88 degrees and crystal clear, the sand was soft and white, the people are amazing. My kids are 4,8 and 10 and loved it as well. After going there I would have a hard time not choosing Jamaica for our next trip. Keri

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation in July

Have you thought about renting a villa in Jamaica? With a group that size it might be the way to go. Many have staff on site to prepare your meals but you pay for the food. I've seen pictures of some that look great and some are actually set up in a resort type atmosphere.

Personally I think you'd find more to do to suit so many tastes in Jamaica then you would in Riviera Maya. The Maya is really nice but more quiet and coupleish (?) if you know what I mean.