We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

I am cancelling my trip to Cancun. are there restaurants in ocho rios like Cancun has/had?

me & hubby are planning a dec.3-8 or 9th trip. we have been planning for a year! now I am staring over , and with time not on my side.

Thank you thank you for any help!!

Jill

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

Not sure what you mean like Cancun. There are lots of restaurants in Ocho and plenty to do.

If you're there through Dec. 9th maybe you'd like to join us on a group trip to Tobolski Basic School. We're taking clothes, school supplies, etc. for the children and help out if there's something for us to do.

Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

nightlife like daddy o's, senior frogs,stuff like that. A place that has live bands.Fun nightlife , is all. hubby really wants to do some bar hopping where ever we end up.

I could care as long as I have a nice beach with calm beautiful water.

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

I am also wanting to know the same details as we are into pub hopping too but have heard it is unsafe to venture out alone at night, is this true?

We are wanting to plan for next years holiday!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

There are plenty of bars but no Senior Frogs or Carlos and Charlies. Many places have bands, dj, etc. Beware of your surroundings as you would in MX or anywhere for that matter. If you take a cab they will wait or tell them what time to come back. Buy them a beer and they will sit back and watch out for you then you pay them when you arrive back at hotel safe and sound. The drivers are very protective of their customers and will make sure no harm comes to you. Common sense is the key.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

PartyGal,

It's ok to venture out just be careful and use the same safety precautions you would at home.

It's easier to advise you if we know what hotel you're at, seen your other post so which hotel are you aimimng for?

Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

hi all me again... my absent minded friend must have had too many drinks , or something as she visited "one of the bay areas, but I don't remember where we went drinking" she said. she does recall a hard rock or planet hollywood somewhere.

Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

Krim, I am sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I should have , and meant to say thank you. I have a billion things running around in my noodle . I hope the captain morgan I intend on consuming shortly help me settle down...

nice tip on the cabbies! when we went to the DR last year I kept giving the workers a cervesa...here and there.they work hard , they desrerve a copuple here & there. thanks again Krim.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

No apology necessary. I'm sure having to try and reschedule is putting a damper on things. Even though you technically have plenty of time, with so many rescheduling I'm sure it's getting crazy.

If you stay till the 9th think about joining us. The school is actually in Brownstown and you can read more about it by doing a search on this forum for Tobolski School or how to help.

I will be in Trelawny 12/5-12-12, about an hour away.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

I think Negril is well suited to bar hopping, since you can stumble down the sand to the next spot very easily :)

...but nowhere in Jamaica will you find those huge chain restaurant/bars like Carlos n Charlies etc. Margaritaville is close - there are 3, one in Negril, MoBay, Ochi (and the airport so 4 I guess).

But they are way smaller than anything I saw in Mexico.

Lots of restaurants but again, generally small. Pretty much the only time you find DJs and foam parties and large gatherings of drunken tourists in Jamaica is at spring break time.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: please help ..I need to know what kind of tourism ocho rios...

call us old fashion, but what is "senior frogs".