We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Ochos Rios

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pocono's...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Ochos Rios

We are going to SOR Jan 15th to the 22nd. The resort was to open 1/1/05. Has anyone been there to see how the renovations went? Did they upgrade rooms, amenities etc???

jersey shore
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandals Ochos Rios

BudPlease

I haven't heard anything yet, but I got some advice to have a positive attitude. Your vacation is what you make of it! Although I will feel better when I hear from my travel agent, she seemed to be upset about the reviews I had seen and reassured me that she would "get to the bottom of it" . I trust her to not steer us wrong. As soon as I get any info, I will let you know. Please do the same for me. Bye for now.

Rodney, Ontario...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandals Ochos Rios

happy new year! try tropictravelonline.com There are specific forums and gallerys filled with pics and reviews specific to SOR or other sandals. very up to date info. We were at SOR last Feb 2004. The resteraunts, there views are awesome and the food was terrific. Our room was the oceanfront suite on th 3d floor. it had just been painted and redone,. The view was thehte most spectacular i had ever seen. We had been to other Sandals, and stayed in the same room category , but not with such a view.The beach At SOR is limited, and yes there are lots of steps, and yes renovations are frustrating , but you're in jamaica, on jamaica time and you'll love it. I loved the dinners set up on the beach each night, a couple of feet away from the waters edge, a bottle or 2 of champgne, your sandals off, your toes playing in sand , what could be more romantic! I could sit there there all night, and we did! order a bottle of wine or champagne and enjoy! NO WORRIES!! any vacation is what you make of it. Some will always find the good in it, and some will always find the bad in it, Choose to have the time of your life and you will. Best Wishes, flo