We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Grande Jamaica

Weyburn, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Grande Jamaica

My husband and I are going to stay at Sunset Grande Jamaica in January 2006. We are booked into the Cabana rooms. Does anyone have any info for us on this resort? We know that there is renovations going on right now. Any info would be appreciated.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Grande Jamaica

Hi Ziggy85,

I believe you mean the Sunset Jamaica grande, there are some reviews on the forum. However, if you come on the thread I've started you will get lots of information from those who've been and those who have just come back. There are four people on the thread who have written reviews and just come back this week and you can ask them specific questions. It is called the "SJG Club members (New beginnings)"

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Grande Jamaica

I too booked a Cabana from 1-28 thru 2-4. I cannot find any pictures anywhere showing the Cabana. I was hesitant to stay at SJG because I went there 10 yrs when it was the Renessaince.......I am hoping all the rennovations will be done by then. I loved the old resort and figure since they are putting $600 million into rennovations it can't be that bad. I just remember the beach being very nice and pool great. I guess we'll just have to keep checking this forum out to see others reviews and helpful tips. Thanks everyone else for responding earlier!

Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Grande Jamaica

Hi all,

I too have just booked a trip there with the family but we are not leaving until Feb. 06. Since my 2 kids are going as well, i hope the kid's club is in operation by then. Who has been there recently? How are the renovations going? Anybody have any photos?

Thanks

Wendy

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
312 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Grande Jamaica

The cabanas are to the right of the towers (if you were standing on the beach facing the resort). We too stayed there 10 years ago. The cabanas are a two story row of rooms (unless things have changed that much). To me, they were the best rooms to be in because you have easy access to everything and, if you are on the first floor, you are poolside/beachside.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Grande Jamaica

There are no pictures of the cabana's at the moment, and it seems if there are any it will be of the old Grande. There is lots of information on the thread mentioned above. However, no one has written a review on the Cabana's.