We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Ocho Rio

McLeansboro, Ill
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Couples Ocho Rio

Hello,

Does anyone have any reviews of Couples Resort in Ocho Rio? Good or bad, my husband and I are booked to go for a week beginning in mid-Feb. Our travel agent talks a good talk, but I would really like to hear from someone who has been there for a vacation not for their business or see some travel pictures if anyone has any.

How are the horseback rides the resort offers, I've heard there may be trouble booking water sports due to winds. We are also suppost to go to Dunn's Falls.

Our trip is to celebrate our 10 year anniverary. So I would really like to make some good memories.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Thank you,

payton4u

Michigan
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Check out this site for VERY good info and pictures. www.roselynn.net

Also check out Couples own site's message board for more info:

www.couples.com

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Hi Payton4u,

My husband and I are going to COR 2/2-2/5 for a short 50th B-day celebration for my husband. I researched a lot of all-inclusives and settled on COR for two reasons. First, a co-worker raved about how wonderful it was, and second, I visited the couples.com website and got onto their message boards and started talking to other seasoned COR visitors.

I have read both positive and negative reviews on other forums, and I take the bad with a grain of salt. This resort is a 50s-style place, and has lots of character. We are not expecting things to be pristine and perfect, but they did just complete a several millon dollar overhaul of rooms and re-painting the exterior, which was to be completed in December. But as many guests have said, you don't spend much time in your room anyway. All of the guests seem to be very friendly, and you will likely end up with some new friends as a result. So go with an open mind and enjoy!!

We will be doing the horseback riding, so I will let you know what I thought. We are considering the Dunns river falls tour, but not sure that we have the time to do all that much in four days. We probably will take the catamarran tour, as we did one in St. Kitts and loved it.

I just want to escape the cold snowy weather in the northeast, so mid-80 degree days and low 70s evenings sound heavenly! So all in all, I think that you made a great choice, and if you have any doubts go to the COR message boards and start asking questions. One lady e-mailled me her web site dedicated to Couples resorts with lots of great info and photos.

If you want me to let you know how our trip goes, let me know.

regards,

Itsmee2u

Magnolia, Arkansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Payton,

My wife and I spent 6 nights at COR last June, and we loved it. We have stayed at 2 other all-inclusives in Jamaica (including one of the Sandals properties), and COR is by far our favorite. We didn't take many pictures, but the pictures on the Couples website are very accurate (the one of the guest room looked just like our room). We were too busy doing absolutely nothing on Tower Island to check out the included activities. We did do Dunn's River Falls...it was fun and well worth the time. If you go to DRF, try to do it when there is no cruise ship in port.

P.S. Don't be afraid to try Tower Island...the two best bartenders on the property work on TI.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Couples Ochy is our favorite of the Couples resorts. We like the fact it's an older resort with a lot of ambiance. Tower Isle is a great place too with it's own bathroom, pool and bar. Sorry I can't help with the horseback riding. Check out this site below. Our friends own Go Classy and have some info.

goclassy.com/AdultResorts/…20RIOS

Jamaica, WI
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Greetings All:

COR is great! You'll definitely love it there. No Regrets!

The hotel, the ppl, the activities, the food........

Trust me ... it is worth it!!!!!

Irie : )

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Ocho Rio

Hi Payton,

My husband and I went ot Couples OR in August of 2004. Our only other Jamaica experience was Sandals MB. Sandals was nice, but in my opinion Couples was a notch above Sandals.

The food was out of this world. The staff went over board to make sure you had everything you needed. Right down to the house keepers who would stop you in the hall and ask if you were enjoying yourself.

Couples all inclusive...really is all inclusive. We didn't do the horseback riding but did the Dunn's River Falls excursion and took the shuttle to Marguaritaville. We also did the Catamaran Cruise. The entertainment staff is with you on every excursion and coach you on what to be careful of.

We didn't have a suite, we had your basic gardenview room. Our traveling companions upgraded their room to an oceanview. Once there I was happy we had a garden room. Although their view was nice it over looked the beach and they didn't use their balcony much as passersby could look up and see them.

The same held true for us overlooking the garden....but there was never anyone in the garden in the early morning when I was out there having my morning coffee. So, I felt like I had complete privacy.

For us, Couples OR was paradise.

I wish you well on your vacation.