We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuban Cigars in Ocho

Philly
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cuban Cigars in Ocho

I want to pick up some Cubans while staying at SGOR...are they available in Ocho? Anybody have any idea of the cost?

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuban Cigars in Ocho

Hi, they are not cheap - last time I checked about $10-20 per cigar. Most duty free shops seem to have them. Enjoy

Kingston
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuban Cigars in Ocho

Try Rum Roast and Royals in Island Village for the best selection, they are pricey but not prohibitively so.

Charleston SC
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuban Cigars in Ocho

I have found that the resorts have a good selection, but they will also have someone from a local store set up with better prices.

PDX, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuban Cigars in Ocho

I was just at SGOR from 7/25 through 8/1. I was looking for MonteCristo #2's. The resort sells real ones for 20+. The duty free malls in OchoRios has them for 6-15. I saw whole boxes at Soni's Plaza for 150-175. These are all fakes but still a good smoke. Even the the duty free area at the airport has fakes. So be careful. They all will say how they are real and show and give reasons why there's are real. If you look at a sealed box, turn it over and inspect the bottom seams. Most likely they will have been steamed open and then glued shut again.

One last thing, we brought 3 750ml bottles of Rum back each with no problem. I advise you to bring all Rum Cream back....It is soo goooood. Especially the Banana Rum Cream.