We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Ocho Rios

Cambridge,UK
10 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Ocho Rios

Me and my wife-to-be will be on honeymoon May'05.

Do you get a lot of people harassing you trying to sell you stuff all the time on the beach or in the resort????

DCT
Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios

I was married at SOR in July 04. I never felt threatened or harassed on or off the resort grounds. We went to Dunns River and walked through the market place. You have to be able to say no (be polite) and bargin if you see something you like. It was an amazing island and if you're friendly and talk to the natives you'll learn so many intersting things. Have a great trip!

Uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Ocho Rios

We were in Sandals Ocho Rios in November 04 - we had no problems in the resort(on the beach) with people selling. We went on the shopping trip and walked round the large market in ocho Rios on our own - no problems - I think as long as you speak to the locals and don't ignore them, they are fine - i just said we were just looking round, hadn't decided what to buy and would possibly come back to them - everything was fine and in fact most of the local people in ocho rios were lovely friendly people.

Have a good trip!