We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Lacey, WA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

We booked our honeymoon through Orbitz for 7 nights beginning on June 17th. Orbitz offered transportation, but the RIU wasn't one of the hotels that they transported too. Called Orbitz, and they said the hotel didn't provide transportation either?

So, we've got our tickets but need to figure out how to get to/from hotel. I'm sure there is a nice easy answer to this, and hoping that previous travellers will be able to answer for me.

What's the easiest/best way to get transportation to/from RIU?

Thanks in advance!!

Gavin

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
621 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Hi, and congratulations

I would call the Riu direct and ask about transportation. I have always decided to book private transportation as I love to have the availability to stop when I want then I use the same company for my tours. A few years ago I started using Lees Taxi and Tours and have never used anyone else since. You'll just love Norma. You will get only the best of care. Check them out.

Dawna

www.leestaxiandtoursjamaica.com/AboutUs_1.htm

wisconsin
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

another way would be to hire a private driver ;; i highly reccommend as more personal and as you read really makes the trip as they often can show you the real jamaica..make things much eaiser for you by recommending sidd trips, fair prices etc..if you need a name/number let me know ..have been going for > 12 years.and love jamaica..you will have a great time ..make sure you leave the resort and explore at least 1 day..sometimes it is hard to make yourself leave the beash but it will be your most memorabale times

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

We booked a private transport with Clive's for our upcoming trip on Wednesday

We paid $100 for 4 for one way to Sandals in Ocho and I believe they charge $80 for 2

Private transport is the only way to go after being on a plane and enjoying the fun of the airport

Plus you beat all the other guests who have to wait on others on a shared ride to the resort...Gets you out to the beach faster

Appleton
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

We used Clives a couple weeks ago and it was great. They were prompt, our driver stopped and bought us some Red Stripe and it was a lot quicker than taking the resort busses!

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

we use a private driver called moodie. Very realiable, trustworthy,drives a comfy bus.

You would have to call or text him to get a quote.

If you want his no let me know or do a search

Pittsburgh,Pa
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Hello and thanks for the info.I am going there on the 9th.What is Moodies no.It will be great to have.THANKS SOOOO MUCH.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

hi moodies no is 876 404 6396

long island, ny
Level Contributor
613 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Clive's is the best private transportation.

They make you feel VERY comfortable.

I have used clive foe many years.

I usually get Clive himself as my driver.

No stops on a saturday afternoon @ 4:00pm the ride was 1 hour and 20 minutes driving safely.

We were sitting in the pool bar when the same people from our plane were just getting there by bus.

As stated above, the cost for 2 people and luggage is $ 80.00 usd for 2 people each way.

Trust me, as stated above, after a long plane ride, the private transfer is heaven compared to the bus(done that many times too).

wisconsin
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Glad you are getting several numbers of drivers to take with you in case they are busy.. Basil westcar 876 829 4536 is also a great driver . i call him to pick us up at airport for a great trip to ochi with a nice stop on the way at a local spot if you like; he will provide you with a phone ( no charge ) to call him whenever you want to leave resort ; if just for a shrt trip to a local wayside stand.or a tour ..safe reasonable..have hired him for > 10 years have a great trip

mrs.rose@cox.net
Level Contributor
12 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from Montego Bay Airport to RIU Ocho Rios?

Do you have to call in advance to organize this? How far in advance should one call Moodies to pick them up?

My hubby and I are going in January 09.

thanks

I am dreading the bus full of people to the hotel.