We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

I'm just curious as to why you felt the need to be so nasty about my review, as well as me personally. Looking at some of the truly awful reviews from the past month, I am not sure why mine, which stated several times that we did in fact have a wonderful time and that our overall experience was quite good, made you so angry. The whole purpose of TripAdvisor is for people to give their opinions on hotels--not to publicly berate those who may disagree with you.

Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

I think it is maybe because your review came across as a bit pretentious. I read your review and honestly, there is not one thing that you did not find at least some fault with.

huntington wv
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

I feel if someone pays thousands of dollars for a vacation then they have a right to be as picky, negative or pretentious as they want to be with their reviews. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to write in depth reviews, unlike some who use this board to pick a location and once they come back you never hear from them again.

It is okay to disagree on a resort, but unless a person is outright lying then no one should be told their opinions are wrong.

atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

I am sorry to hear that I sounded pretentious to some--that was never my intention. I will admit that I am a picky traveler, but I don't expect anywhere to be perfect.

The point of my review was to let people know the positive and negative aspects of the resort, as I saw them. Personally, when I read reviews, I find that the ones which are most helpful are those which neither trash a resort (always makes me wonder if someone had a personal issue with the owner!) nor find not a single fault (since really, no place is completely perfect in every way), but go over the good and bad things that the reviewer experienced while visiting. What may seem like a minor inconvenience to one person may be a major issue for another, and vice versa, so I tend to mention EVERYTHING in all of my reviews.

At the end of the day, every resort is going to be loved by some, hated by some, and enjoyed but not considered flawless by others. That's just life! I think it is a shame that someone who honestly disagrees, even a little, with the general consensus leaves herself open for attack on this site.

Again, I am sorry if my review seemed snooty or overly picky in any way. But it is still my opinion that an unprovoked personal attack on a reviewer is rude, inappropriate, and childish.

atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

Vegkidds--I agree with you 100%! Thanks for the support...lol :)

Kingston
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

I've been to San souci several times and my worst stay there was excellent.

I think that when people read reviews maybe they form a mental image of the type of person the author is. I don't really mind if you didn't like it as I know that it is one of the best resorts on the island. I think when you express views on minutae it can distract the reader and lead them to conclude that you are a bit over picky. Even if you spend 1000usd on a vacation you can't always expect the decor to be to your exact taste can you ?

As for the candlelit dinner, don't take this personally, but I felt sorry for the waiter quite honestly. Why couldn't you just suggest to the guy that he come back in fifteen or something. It just paints a cruel picture to be laughing at a guy who probably has the best intentions but hasn't got much experience. I think he deserved a break really.

I'm not trying to have a go at you so please don't be offended. I'm just giving an honest opinion of how your piece sounded. I too appreciate detailed reviews of hotels and resorts and maybe the response that you received was a bit blunt so don't be put off.

Incidentally, if you have stayed anywhere in Ja where you were 100% happy, I'd love to know which resort it is ! lol

Bless

atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paging "Don't Listen to Atlanta, GA" (Sans Souci...

Miyaad--

Just wanted to address your comments, as I found them to be insightful, as well as helpful for when I write my next hotel reviews! First, though, let me state once more for the record that I did not dislike the resort--there were many things I thought were great, and my husband and I did have a wonderful time at Sans Souci! Was I 100% happy? No, but probably a good solid 90% (disregarding the rain)! Like I've said many times now, there were some issues, but few had any real effect on our enjoyment of the resort.

As far as my comments on the decor--no, I don't expect every hotel to be in my exact taste--my review comments there were mere observations, not complaints :) It is my opinion that a 5* resort generally does not have ripped shower curtains and mismatched furniture, but those things in no way affected our experience at Sans Souci.

As far as the waiter at our candlelit dinner--I hate the thought that my husband and I came off as being cruel people, because we are really not at all. As I said in the review, we were not laughing at him, but at the situation. Haven't you ever been in a situation where something just tickled you so much you couldn't help but laugh? I do think it had to do with a lack of training, but at the same time, most people would know, no matter what their training, that when people are having a "Romantic Candlelit Dinner" (as it was termed in our package), they probably don't want the waiter staring and asking questions while they eat. Especially when they have already asked once to have a private moment. But he was a very nice man, and I did feel bad about the giggling. We did make sure to thank him profusely for his service at the end of the evening, and also called his supervisor to comment on his graciousness and overall excellent service.

Be sure to look for my next controversial reviews, coming soon! LOL

Caroline