We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
owensboro,ky
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

My wife and I are traveling to Jamaica July 12-17 to the SORG and wondered if we should purchase the discounted upgrade offered to us by sandals e-mail for $400 or wait and see if they will automatically upgrade us to that villa upon arrival for free as we are signature guests. Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks!!!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

If you are returning guests, you will automatically get a ONE room category upgrade. Anything beyond that would be luck.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

We have been back twice as signature members and both times were upgraded two levels. We are going back again in August to SDR and we are just going to take a chance. Make sure you hand them your signature card when you arrive.

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

We are signature guests and will be going to beaches in sept. DO we get an upgrade there? Keri

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

We are going to Sandals Grande OR and we have a GrandeLux Oceanview Room. I checked on Sandals website for other available rooms and there are barely any left during the time of our stay.

Is the upgrade based on availability? Or do they see you are a SSG and save a room for you?

Just Curious!!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

mlund,

Upgrades for SSG members are never a "for sure" thing. Their guarantee is only that members will receive a one category upgrade based upon availability. Some people are very lucky with this system, while others rarely receive their upgrade.

If the resort looks solidly booked for your timeframe, I wouldn't count on any upgrade.

JMO, but this is one of those "little perks" that Sandals makes sound really good, but it doesn't always work out the way they want people to think it does.

If your room category is really important to you, play it safe and book the category you want rather than chancing just how generous the resort is feeling.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

We were just at SGOR 6-25-05 it was our 3rd trip there and we are SSG and we did not get an up grade.

I dont think anyone at the returning guest dinner that we talked to got one either.

They said they were totally booked.

So if you want a better room you might want to book it.

Montreal
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

We've been one of the lucky ones that every time we have visited Beaches Negril we have been upgraded. It depends on availability. Once you arrive, present your Signature Guest card.

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

mammasan, we now have a 1 bedroom beachfront suite for sept 2-10. Do they upgrade to the 2 bedroom if it is available? Thanks keri

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

At Beaches Negril

baton rouge
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: automatic upgrade for sandals signature guests?

It depends on availability. We took a gamble and we were sorry when we got there b/c they said there was no availability. When I expressed how disappointed I was they offered a discounted upgrade to concierge. Later I realized we had been 'had'. It made no since that they said there was no availability, however, for the right price there was all of a sudden availability.....lol