We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room choice at Sans Souci

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Room choice at Sans Souci

The hotel sent our confirmation and it was a catagory lower than we had booked with our TA. It was the oceanview suite with balcony. She can fix it but I was wondering if we should just keep it that way and go with a lower rate for the week- about $400 total. We are also purchasing the honeymoon package which has a room upgrade built in so we would be at the next level anyway. We want to be in D or B block. Past Sans Souci goers, what do you think? Sorry if this is confusing.

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room choice at Sans Souci

Your D Block room probably has the oceanview. If you want B block you will probably get a larger balcony and different room. I personally liked the A & B blocks because I could use my own room more frequently and less distance to get there from the beach. (bathroom facilities, etc.)

I really like the regular beach b/c we use the water sports often. The clothing optional is nice, but there are no activities over there and they are further from your room, no matter what building you are in.

My guess is they will upgrade you when you arrive regardless. Their personal opinion is to use the A & B blocks first and even if they arent' ready to delay you and have you check back in a few hours to put you there first.

I love the rooms no matter what building. Our last trip we were in A 25, beautiful!

I have stayed up the hill in the G & E blocks. They are closer to the lobby and balloon bar and the Italian restaurant. The pool up there no one really swims in, it was our personal pool to float in!

The spa treatments are heavenly and worth going back for. I wouldn't pay more, just ask for the best when you get there and they will try to apease you.

You will be happy with either D or B block.

have a great time

Hello to Ricardo (social director), Kenroy (beach grill) and the other social director staff, Tanesha, Tanaisha and Leo!!

Irie

Iowa
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Room choice at Sans Souci

My husband and I just returned from Sans Souci on June 4th. We stayed in A block (A3). I was a bit concerned about being on the ground level--but in the end we loved it!! The flowers and bushes grow out around the path that leads to your patio, so it is very private and no one can "cut" across your patio to get to their room. You also get the added bonus of the ducks padding their way up to see you in the morning when you are sitting on your patio enjoying the Jamaican sunrise and a cup of coffee ( or so my husband told me--he's the early riser--i'm the late sleeper!!) A or B block rooms are close to the Pallazina (breakfast & lunch buffets/French restaurant at night), the main pool, beach grill/Bella Vista at night, beach bar and the beach. The CO beach really isn't that far away--you get to walk past a pond on the property to get there and it's fun to get a hamburger or hot dog bun from the beach grill on your way back to your room and stop and feed the fish!! Talk about a fish frenzy!!! D block will have you venturing the steps to get to the beach every day--but handy for the Balloon Bar and Casanova. You will also be closer to the Spa and the mineral pools. At any rate--Sans Souci is an awesome place no matter where your room might be!!

A word of advice from some friends we met while staying there--if you are planning on having an "in-room" dinner one evening with your honeymoon package--book it ahead of time. It's my understanding that they only do so many a night and you might not get it when you would like it. I think you can e-mail reservations and request when you would like to have it. If reservations can't help you they will forward your e-mail to the appropriate person. Do the same for your spa treatments. We booked ours early (9 a.m.) that way if you get involved in any activities in the afternoon, you won't feel like you are missing out because you have to leave for your spa appointment.

Have a great trip. I am already looking forward to a return visit!

Kim

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room choice at Sans Souci

Thank you everyone! The tips were wonderful. My TA spoke with them and they are not at capacity so they recommended staying with the lower catagory and using our honeymoon package to upgrade. I was very impressed with a resort that would suggest to a TA to book DOWN a catagory to save us some money.

I heard that about the in room dinner as well and since it is included in our package I am going to email my request to have the night I want. Thanks for the reminder!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room choice at Sans Souci

travelingc:

Which TA are you using? I have the same situation as you and mine didn't notify me I could save a few bucks (more than a few, actually) by downgrading and then taking the upgrade!

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room choice at Sans Souci

My travel agent is my cousin from Liberty Travel in NJ. Believe me she didn't figure this out- I had told her about it from reading here on the boards and at www.chris-n-cheryl.com. I tried to explain it to her but ONLY when she contacted the hotel about the mixup in room catagories on my reservation did the HOTEL tell her to book me the lower room catagory since I purchased a honeymoon package which included the room upgrade for half the price. Definately not due to my agent- more myself and Sans Souci that explained this to her.