We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

Philadelahia, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

i have heard conflicting things about the length of time from the airport in mobay to the hotel in ocho rios. some say 1 hr. some say 2. i know the locals doing the transfers do the best they can and sometimes it could be an all day event. we only have the funds for 5 nts. this winter and i would rather not spend 2 of the days in a van traveling to and from the airport. i am also looking at accomadations in mobay, only 6 miles from the airport. any input?

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

Hi Zum-zum

The travel time is about 2 hours on the shuttle. SJG is the last stop on the shuttle route. It can be done in an 1.5 hr with a private taxi. Time is precious so on a 5 days vacation I would consider Montego Bay. Not only do you have a 2 hours ride back to the airport, you need to be there 2 hours prior for check-in. Depending on the time of your return flight you could be leaving very early.

Pauline

montego bay
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

Private transfer is the quickest way, drive time is 1hr 30mins if no hold ups along the way. Some hotel buses can take up to 4 hrs as they wait for other flights to get a full bus then drop off at othe hotels along the way. Try Chef thompson at cheftours@gamil.com for a fair priced priavte transfer

Re: Hotels in Mobay within 5 miles of airport. On the Hip Strip : Dr's Cave, Wexford, Gloustershire, Coral Cliff, Hotel Gloriana, Toby Inn Sandals Inn Montgeo Bay on Dead End Beach are a few. Theres a new hotel across from the airport renemd Hillshire Hotel was the Executive Inn but had extensive work done on it.

Higher end check DeCameron, Sunset Beach, Coyabo, Hoilday Inn, Half Moon, Rizt Carlton

Philadelahia, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

kooljammin

&

dockofthebay ... thx for your thoughts. i had a feeling i was on the right track, but the post from you guys really helped me make my decision.

we were in negril last yr. and we loved it there but the transfer took all day, both ways, w/ stopping to pick up other passengers.

i just booked mob, and feel relaxed already thinking about it!

are the hotel beaches guarded in mob? traveling w/ kids, there are concerns.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

The trip in the van from the airport took us about 2 hr. 30m in. That included a 15 minute stop at a place to buy a Red Stripe on the beach. Funny thing is, on the way back it only took about an hour and a half and they didn't stop anywhere, except 2 hotels along the way. I really enjoyed the bus ride back, they played more reggae music on the van than I heard all week at the resort and it was really good. I'm not sure if it was a cd or a radio station. But on the way back they just want to get you there. We were there 3 hours before our flight but I liked shopping in the airport and eating at Cool Runnings Restaurant. It almost felt more like Jamaica in the airport than it did in Ochi.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

I just returned from SJG Dec 2nd. The bus trip was not bad at all for me. On the way there we did have to stop at two other resorts to drop off guests there. After we made it through the airport we were on a bus and on our way with in 20 mins. The bus driver gave us a tour the whole way to the hotel. He pointed out hisoric properties as well as the parishes we were in and other interesting facts. It only took about one hour and a half including the stop at VOW's halfway through for refreshments and restrooms. The way back took a little longer due to traffic. This trip was closer to 2 hrs. Still not bad and trust me the resort is well worth the trip!!!

Trust me, it all IRIE!!!!

6. Re: travel time from montego bay airport ot jamacia grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 14, 2009