We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Hi All,

Many are asking about the Cabana Rooms as there is very little information:

There is a Blog done by a couple of forum members whose names are "Theredstripes". Thanks to them their site is still up and they have the best description you will find of the Cabana rooms. Please don't take any notice of the construction section in regards to your trip because their trip was in February 2006.

Here is the link for the "SJG Cabana Tour":

…mac.com/data_of_osx/…SJG_Cabana_Tour.html

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Thanks westmoreland.....those pics were a big help. It looks beautiful. 4 days to go......and one more day of work. Can't wait. I'll definitely give my review of the cabana room and the resort when we return. Thanks for your help on here...I've taken tons of notes!!Liza

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

hmmmm, any input on "Oceanview" rooms?

Read the details about asking to be in the south tower - something about south has been rennovated but north tower has not?

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Lizaj,

I will be looking forward to your review, if there is anything else you need to know just ask away.

Please take at least one photo if possible of your room so that it can help others.

Enjoy!

ProudCanuck,

What do want to know about the Oceanview rooms?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Is it still accurate that one should ask to be in the south tower?? Or have both been renovated now? Or does it really even matter!!

Thanks!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

ProudCanuck,

I'm not sure what has been renovated in the North Tower but I do know that although some people have been fine with the rooms the majority give bad reviews.

When I was there in April I saw a whole wedding party argue that they wanted a room change after seeing the North.

Therefore, most of us here would advise you to request a South Tower room if possible.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Thanks for the info! Will send them an email a few weeks ahead then? Read this in a few places here...

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

-

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

hi, we were in the south tower,ocean front room and it was just fine.

we were on the 7th floor.

view of the pools and ocean.

room was not huge, but big enough.

we requested the south tower based on comments on TA...i was very satisfied with the room, location and furnishings...i wasn't expecting fancy anyway!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

Sorry, this is a bit off topic... but what is the difference between the"ocean view" and "ocean front" rooms?

I booked an "ocean front" room - it was more expensive... so I figured it must have a better ocean view???

Kind of a confusing way to label rooms...

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Sunset Jamaica Grande Cabana Rooms

In my opinion, the cabana rooms are the BEST on the property. We were in room 211. It was a nice room, plenty of space, closet w/ hangers, 4-drawer chest, TV that played lots of channels and never went off the air once while it was on as I've heard others say. Regular hotel size bathroom, great view and large balcony, king-size bed, small table with 2 chairs I believe. We requested a mini-fridge and received it within minutes at no extra charge. I have pics of the views from this room and I will post them in my review as soon as I get a chance to write it. The cabana rooms are actually just 2-story hotel rooms adjoined to the south tower. They are quiet and only steps to food, beach, everything. If you can upgrade to cabana room it would definitely be worth the money. I'm not sure what the extra cost is but we only paid $650.00 pp for a week and we flew for free so it was a great deal for us. Where can you go for a week with everything included for only $1300.00??

One more thing, and I will get to it in my review. It did rain and was cloudy the first few days we were there but I NEVER, not once, saw a rain bucket sitting anywhere, must less in the hotel lobby. That place was immaculate and our rooms were cleaned every singel day by 2 or 3:00pm. Not sure if that had to with the cabana rooms or not but we didn't experience any of the problems that I've read about so far....not even the noise. In fact, I felt like they didn't play any raggae music at all....you couldn't even hear music on the beach, a lot of people were using their IPODS. Any questions on the cabana rooms just let me know and I will help if I can.