We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGOR Snorkeling guidelines and water crafts?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SGOR Snorkeling guidelines and water crafts?

It's my understanding that Sandals provides snorkeling gear but I'm wondering what the guidelines are. Do they take people out on boats to various locations? Is a fee involved? Will they provide the gear to those people who just wish to snorkel in the waters off the beach?

Also, I see on their website they offer glass bottom boats along with several other kinds of water craft free of charge to guests. Are the glass bottom boats a tour guided thing or is this a watercraft you take out on your own? What about the hobie cats?

Know Jamaica Tours
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Courtney Taylor  Tours Jamaica
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, Private Tours
Marks Tours
Sightseeing Tours
New Orleans
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SGOR Snorkeling guidelines and water crafts?

They only let you use their snorkling equipment on the snorkle trips. But you can bring your own. There is a reef really close to the resort that they bring you to. There is no fee for that or the glass bottom boat. The glass bottom boat is guided. I think that they take you out on the hobie cats to teach you, but you can do it on your own if you would like. I hope this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SGOR Snorkeling guidelines and water crafts?

It does help, thanks so much.

Is it worth us investing in our own snorkeling equipment or is there nothing really worth seeing in the waters so close to the beach?

Also, you mentioned a reef close to the resort...can you tell me how deep the waters are in that area. Neither my husband nor myself have ever been snorkeling so it's sounding a bit intimidating.