We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone Cards in Jamaica

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
8 posts
Save Topic
Phone Cards in Jamaica

Can anyone out there tell me if Sandals Grande Ocho Rios permits use of Jamaican phone cards or any phone cards at the resort. I will be leaving 2 small kids with grandma and it will be necessary for me to call home often. Any tips and/or ideas on how to keep the cost of phone calls down??? Any input is appreciated.

Eagerly anticipating my first trip to JA aka the honeymoon I never had.

Thanks

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone Cards in Jamaica

Buy phone cards in Jamaica to use on a hotel phone if you plan to call home!! If you have an international phone (ask your cell comp.) you can buy a digicell chip to put in your phone for under $10US and the a $10 phone card with about 45min calling time. much cheaper than using a cell with roaming!! learned from experience! If you don't have a cell phone you can rent one which is still a cheaper plan to call home everyday!

enjoy! Safe travels!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone Cards in Jamaica

You might schedule a time each day for the kids to call you. Much cheaper call their from US especially if you use an ATT calling card. If you call from there definitely use the pay phones instead of your room so as not to pay surcharge. We went to Bahamas a couple years ago and I asked about calling cards and using the room phone. The girl at the desk was nice enough to tell me that it took 2 minutes for the charges to start accumulating so I could call home and tell them to call me back. Worked out GREAT.........

usa
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone Cards in Jamaica

Bushgrl and Krim -

Thank you both for the input. Your ideas have now given me some direction on the phone situation. Thanks again for responding. 4 wks and counting - Whooowho!!! I can't wait.

Peace and Blessings.