We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGOR Plantation Great House Villa One Bedroom Suite w...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SGOR Plantation Great House Villa One Bedroom Suite w...

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about this particular villa. The Sandals website doesnt offer much info on it. My husband and I will be vacationing in June and have booked this particular suite and are worried that the pool isn't totally private. ( I know the description says private but is it really)Also, based on some of the reviews there seem to be alot of issues with the SGOR...should we be worried? This is our first major trip in a long time so, naturally, we are hoping for a great experience.

alabama
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SGOR Plantation Great House Villa One Bedroom Suite w...

Hi,

My husband I just returned a couple of weeks ago from SGOR. We were there for our honeymoon and stayed in the GRAND LUXE PLANTATION VILLA ONE BEDROOM SUITE W/POOL and it was wonderful. Our pool was semi-private..We had the bottom of the villa and there were 2 rooms on top. Our room was very pretty..neat and CLEAN!!! The villa consist of a Great Room..Full Kitchen..Seperate Bedroom and Bathroom...Patio doors from the great room lead out to the pool and also patio doors from our bedroom lead out to the pool. We only saw our neighbors once . Your Villa will have a PRIVATE POOL!! Your room category will also consist of your own personal butler.. Our butlers were..DENTON & NARDIA. We really enjoyed them...and will req them when we return. I to was a little scared about going to this hotel after reading some of the reviews but you will have the best time so don't worry just enjoy!!! YOU HAVE THE TOP ROOM CATAGORY ON THE MANOR SIDE..SO DON'T WORRY!!

rsbaby

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SGOR Plantation Great House Villa One Bedroom Suite w...

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. We hadn't checked out this site prior to booking and were getting really worried once we saw all the bad reviews. The private pool thing was a huge concern as well. It's been such a long time since we've been away alone that we were hoping for some privacy. You've set my mind at ease. Thanks again!

Illinois
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SGOR Plantation Great House Villa One Bedroom Suite w...

Hi Sunseeker,

My wife and I will also be staying in a Platation Great House Villas One Bedroom Suite w/private pool in June. I too am beginning to wonder if the pool is really private or if it is shared with others in the villa. I called Sandals and was assured the pool is private. I'm still not convinced so if anyone who has stayed in this room catagory could tell Sunseeker and I for sure that the pool is private it would be greatly appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations