We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving at SGOR

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Diving at SGOR

Hi,

Mermaidmedic here. I am in desperate need of some information. How is the diving in Ocho Rios? I have read a million reviews, but none of them have had any detailed information on the diving conditions. Please help!!!!!

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving at SGOR

Hi Leesa,

I don't know anything about the diving, but I wanted to say hi, and how nice it was of you to remember I was getting married!! I swear the people on these sites are the greatest!! =)

This will be the last day I'm on here until the wedding and the trip, so I'll be looking for you when we get there!!! =)

See you next week!

Take Care,

Amy

Boston, MA
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving at SGOR

My husband and I just returned last night from SGOR. We had a blast! Although neither one of us actually did any diving, we did see divers out by a sunken ship snorkeling trip we were on. If the snorkeling is any indication of how the diving might be, I think you'll enjoy it. We went on three different trips. The water was very clear and the ocean life was amazing. I don't know if your staying at SGOR, but if you are, just make sure to bring any certification you have, as I understand they are very strict about it. They also offer a 3 hour class in which you can certify in PADI. I think the cost was somewhere around $70. I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

New Orleans
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving at SGOR

Thanks so much Pugga. We are leaving in the morning. I am getting out my cert card right now and putting it with my passport. I should be packing right now, but for some reason I am just not feeling like doing it. I HATE to pack. One day when I'm rich (hehehehe) I am going to travel with just my tooth brush and just buy everything when I get there.

Leesa

PS I am glad that you had a wonderful trip!

Boston, MA
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving at SGOR

Thanks Leesa. I hope you have a great time as well! I'm sure you will. It was so fantastic, I can't help but to hang out on this site and relive it! When I reread the subject of your post, I noticed that you are staying at SGOR. I'm sure you will like it. The beach is a little skimpy, but the overall the place is wonderful. We were also very lucky with the weather. We were told it rained a lot before we got there, but we had 8 straight days of sun. Hopefully that trend will continue for you as well! Enjoy!

Safe and happy travels,

Paula