We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

humidity at night?

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
humidity at night?

how humid is it in ocho rios at night? do I even bother bringing a brush?

Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: humidity at night?

It does cool down a bit, but I would say it is still humid. My hair would look great while still in the room, but as soon as we wuld go outside it would frizz!

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: humidity at night?

i figured that, my hair can tend to frizz in humidity and I always pack all my hair products and accessories then regret it bc I never blow out my hair bc it looks better curly when its humid. I think I may just leave everything home this time...my husband will be so happy not to carry all my stuff around the airport.

Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: humidity at night?

Less is better when packing. I know everytime we go anywhere I tend to over pack. I am getting better at cutting back. Sans Souci has shampoo, conditioner (if your not picky about having your own) mouthwash, facial and body soap, shower gel, body lotion and shower caps in the bathrooms. Your husband will be so happy if you leave all that behind! More room to bring back coffee!

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: humidity at night?

It stays pretty humid at night, I have long semi-wavy hair, (meaning it's got one stupid wavy part in the back and the underneath layer is wavy) my hair was a mess the entire time I was in Ocho Rios, so I never wore it down once.. Plus it was too hot to have it down anyways.

Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: humidity at night?

If you have wavy, wanna-be fuzzy hair like me, visit a salon with products for black women and do lots of scrunching with "product". Its quick and easy--dont bother with straightening or ironing in Jamaica. It's a waste of time.

RDU, NC
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: humidity at night?

If you have hair you want to keep straight in the humidity, there's a great product called Extra Straight by Bed Head. It's a spray you use lightly before blow drying. If you use too much, your hair gets coarse. We have more than our share of humidity in the hot NC summers, and based on experience, this product really works. I'll definitely be packing my Bed Head or else I'll look like one!

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: humidity at night?

i may look into that bc i do like my hair better straight....and you're right about the SC humidity..i've vacationed in hilton head and myrtle beach plenty of times.

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: humidity at night?

oops just noticed you're from NC, sorry, i guess they're about the same.

RDU, NC
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: humidity at night?

I've lived in both SC and NC, so no problem. I actually grew up mostly in the MB area, and it is REALLY humid there. RDU is pretty bad too b/c there's no ocean breeze. The "armpit" of NC, as they say. :-)

The Bed Head does work great. It's a little pricey - about $16 or so for 1 aerosol can, but it lasts at least several months. Hope you have a great time at SS! When do you go? My husband and I go the 1st week in May.

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: humidity at night?

we're leaving a week from today baby! Can't wait!!!!

i'll be looking into that bed head stuff, when you can get rid of frizzy hair, price is not a consideration. haha