We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drax vs Richmond?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Drax vs Richmond?

I can't find an answer to this one from a search of the forum. We are 4 women traveling together. We are staying a few days in/around Ocho to do some excursions. We would like to avoid renting a car but also avoid exorbitant taxi costs. When I search for a space for us, Richmond Estates and Drax Hall keep coming up in terms of space, cleanliness, and affordability but I am concerned about distance from attractions. Does anyone have experience with either place? Also, I am very open to suggestions for other places to stay. We just need at least 2 queen size beds and most places seen to only have double beds.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drax vs Richmond?

Well Drax hall is closer to the attractions that are in Ocho Rios

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drax vs Richmond?

Thanks for responding Riley! Do youbgave experience with Drax? Is it a completed development? Does it have a private beach and/or beach club? How fat is it from the city area of Ochos?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drax vs Richmond?

Drax Hall is approximately 15 mins. drive to Ocho Rios. A must do excursion in Ochie is Blue Hole.

Other Places you could consider staying in Ochie Rooms Ocho Rios, Sand Castle Resort, Turtle Towers Beach, Columbus Heights, Mystic Ridge Resort and Fisherman's Point.

Edited: 7:18 pm, December 11, 2017
Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drax vs Richmond?

Hi...first of all when are you coming? Personally Drax hall is horrible. They claim they have a pool but it is out of order. Richmond is gorgeous and their pool is an infinity pool. Very nicely done I might add.

Richmond is just down the road from Drax Hall so if you are going to make a choice..please choose Richmond.

As for taxi drivers. I am a single female; just retired and have become a resident of Jamaica and I have used Wayn Taxi since I arrived and will not use anyone else. He is on whatsapp as well...Call him at 1-876-353-4176; thats his whats app number as well and he also has a second phone which is 1-876-869-3207. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions..debrrah@icloud.com

Reply to: Drax vs Richmond?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted