We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion suggestion?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Excursion suggestion?

We are staying at the Jewel Dunn's River Resort in January and are interested in getting off the resort for a day, look for suggestions on excursions, etc.? We would like to see Dunn's River Falls and possibly snorkeling, is there a recommended excursion trip to take or go on our own to the Falls? Thank you!

12 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,579 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Excursion suggestion?

"We would like to see Dunn's River Falls and possibly snorkeling,"

If you want to do both as part of one excursion then consider the following option

https:/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Excursion suggestion?

Dunns River Falls, Blue Hole, Green Grotto Cave or Bob Marley Mausoleum in Nine Miles

Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Excursion suggestion?

I've done around 6 excursions in jamaica so far and my favorite is the blue hole in ocho rios. Very cool

Ontario, Canada
11 posts
4. Re: Excursion suggestion?

There are three excursions i would recommend (1) Dunn's River including climbing the falls (2) The Blue Holes for great river diving experience, (3) White River Tubing experience. All three are not too far from each other and your hotel front desk people can recommend a driver.

Edited: 9:54 pm, October 25, 2017
ohio
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Excursion suggestion?

Most resorts have snorkeling at them so unless really love to snorkel I would just do it at the resort and do other things when off. Or set up a private trip through someone like Paradise Tours with Marvyn and have them include a few stops. I say the Blue Hole is a must and ask for Glen he is awesome. During our last trip Marvyn took us to Dunn's River just as they were opening for the day and it was literally just the three of us and the guide. So amazing to see it without a ton of tourist there. Then we headed to the Blue Hole and spent time with Glen. After jumping we went to Scotchies for lunch and then did some site seeing of places I had mentioned would be cool to see and finished the day with shopping. So you can easily do Dunn's, Blue Hole, and snorkeling.

Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: Excursion suggestion?

We were there in June, Dunn's River is a must, don't forget your beach shoes and GoPro if you have one.

We also did the 9miles Tour to learn more about Bob Marley.

We had our private driver/tour guide Orville: +1 876.887.6996 you can book directly with him, save money and have a personal service, very nice guy.

Good luck

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Excursion suggestion?

How did you find your private driver?? Sounds appealing to me vs bring in a big group but the thought scares me a bit...

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
64 reviews
8. Re: Excursion suggestion?

There is a pinned list of drivers in the forum that you can contact to arrange a private tour

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
396 posts
1 review
9. Re: Excursion suggestion?

If it's just Dunn's Fall you interested in doing, you could just get a taxi to take you, much cheaper than booking with the organized tours. For my recommendation a combination tour of Blue Hole, Dunn's Falls, White River Tubing and Lunch at Scotchies would be a great day trip.

Edited: 3:03 pm, November 25, 2017
bahston
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
10. Re: Excursion suggestion?

I'm looking for something like you described. Blue Hole, Dunn's River, and River tubing. Do you think its feasible to do all of them in one day? I don't see any combination like that on Viator or other websites. Would it be best to book something before leaving or would it be easier to arrange there. We'll be staying at Jewel Grande in Montego Bay during New Years weekend

Reply to: Excursion suggestion?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted