We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

american beer

pa
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
american beer

I am going to the sunset jamaica grande in may ....the all-inclusive deal and i was wandering if they had any american beers instead of red stripe?...thanks for any info

Calgary-from...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: american beer

I think that some places do, but you have to pay for them. Red Stripe isnt bad at all.

Have fun!

uk
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: american beer

me too!! I'll drink anything so long as its actually open!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: american beer

Greetings to you Raider,

Unless something has changed recently, you will not be able to get American beer in Jamaica. You will have a choice between Red Stripe, Dragon Stout and Heineken. ( there is often another import as well)

I don't really drink beer, but I've been told that the Red Stripe tastes similar to a mild Canadian beer ( like Blue Light ) I don't know if you are familiar with Canadian brands at all though.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: american beer

just to add... " IN the resort you will be staying at "

Bless up.

Steve

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: american beer

This question always puzzles me...why would you "want" American beer while you're in Jamaica?? All I can think of is the expression, "when in Rome..."

Oh, well...have a GREAT time :)

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: american beer

raideric24,

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bottled Red Stripe we get here in the states. Not to mention paying $7.99 a six pack.

I do however love Red Stripe on tap. It makes all the difference in the world. So, if they have Red Stripe Light on tap, give it a try.

Anyway, my experience is after two or three most beers (except the really cheap ones) taste pretty much the same <lol>

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: american beer

Raider,

I'm a Miller Light girl myself and I find Red Stripe pretty similar. Try it, you'll like it.

Also good on the rocks with either lemon or lime . . .

shelb

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: american beer

Boy - I have to laugh everytime I see this question! Couple comments I feel I should add:

1) Red Stripe in Jamaica tastes way better than the stuff you get in the US

2) Drinking American beer in Jamaica to me would be like ordering a vegetarian dish at a Kansas City BBQ joint, or having a hamburger at an Italian restaraunt!

But seriously - my wife is a dedicated MGD Light drinker while at home, but loves the Red Stripe Light while in JA!

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations