We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

Trying to find a cheap hotel on the hip strip for 1 night on Jan. 27. Guess I waited too long to book, but wasn't aware of the Jazzfest either. We are flying in really late and are looking for a clean, cheap, safe place to stay for barely one night. We will not be getting in until about midnight and are leaving for Negril the next day. Any suggestions?

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

obayb, book it through marzouca as they get a better rate.

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

obayb, it would be almost a miracle if you got somewhere decent on that date as everything is booked up for the Air jamaica Jazz and blues Festival! I have people staying with me in Runway Bay for the Fesitval, because Mobay is fully booked. Have a stiff drink and take the drive into Negril, just be firm with the driver and tell him to drive the way you want him too or no tip!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

Thanks cjam - I think that's what it's gonna have to be. I spoke to mazouca? and they said all of their properties are fully booked. Gosh I'm really dreading tha car ride - I guess a stiff drink it is!

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

obayb, put the word out for a driver. Talk of the town tours (TOTTT) may help or recomend someone that they trust. Or the regulars may have someone that they have used that did not give them a heart attack!

15. Re: HELP! - Trying to find Hip Strip Hotel Jan. 27!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 12, 2009