We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions about RDMB

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions about RDMB

Just booked RDMB, just wondering if alot kids in July? My travel agent told me that Sunset beach and Holiday Inn sunspree there would be, so we opted for RDMB, also the reviews are great for this little resort, my travel agent said th RDMB is Montego bay's "little secret". That everyone that is looking for a cheap relaxing vacation, but wants nice beach, good food, great staff and clean rooms loves this place, so looking forward to it. It's the girls weekend and just wondering about kids. I also have a few questions, do they have jet ski rentals at this resort? do they let you use your own insulated mugs for the drinks?

thanks

Marie

St. Charles, MO.
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions about RDMB

Just got back on Sunday. I have a nine year old son. If you are wondering about the kids club, that wasn't open when we were there last week. There are very few children there. My son had a great time with the security staff, that was his kids club. They have paddle boats, a glass bottom boat and jet skies. The resort's rooms are clean and the staff is great. I didn't care for the food, but most people liked the food. The beaches are small but nice. Have a great trip. If there is

anything else, just respond.

Bob

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions about RDMB

Hello, both times I was there I dont remember seeing one child (under the age of 12) there. Both times I was with my girlfriends was not looking forward to children everywhere. We gad a great time and will be going for a 3rd trip in May this year. They will fill your mugs but they are not supposed to. If they say that they will not, just order a few drinks and poor them in yourself. The bartenders are fabulous at this resort! Gotta love all-inclusive! Have a great time!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions about RDMB

I was a bit concerned about the "kid" thing myself. This resort used to be Adults Only so when it switched over to letting kids come I was not to happy. I have been there two times since it has had this new policy and there have been kids, but very few! Last time I was there maybe two kids under the age of 10 and maybe two or three teenagers. The time before which was July maybe three kids. I wouldn't worry about it!

Washington State
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions about RDMB

Rodfan...I have been to RDMB every 3 months for about the past 2 years and if kids are at the resort, there generally are not many at one time and they aren't really a disturbance. I have gone alone, with friends and with my own children and it's always a good time. Enjoy and we may just see ya around in July for Sumfest.....

One Love,

Jo

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions about RDMB

Hey Jo, you must really like th RDMB. We will be there July 20-23, just us 5 women, no kids, or hubbies.

Marie

Washington State
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions about RDMB

Yes I do, RDMB staff are my family, I love them to death. Well that sounds like a good time, just a girls vacation, can't beat that and you've chosen a wonderful place to go. I'm sure you all will have an irie time :)

Canada, Montreal
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Few questions about RDMB

i was there last week of July and 1st week of august. Like Jo said there is not alot of kids and they are not a disturbance. This year i might be going at the beginning of July during Sunfest. Does anybody know how it is?

MIst

Washington State
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Few questions about RDMB

I believe Sumfest is the 15 - 21st of July this year. Regretably I can't say from experience as I have not been but from what the locals tell me its definately not an event you should miss! I am thinking of attending myself this year.

9. Re: Few questions about RDMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 25, 2009