We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica in July?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jamaica in July?

Planning on going to the RDMB for our honeymoon the week of July 21-28th...of course I know there are always SOME things that can't be predicted, but of course, I'm concerned about the weather. I don't mind rain (helps cool things off), but since this is our HM and our first REAL trip together, I'm not sure if I want to chance it getting cancelled due to inclement weather!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance:)

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica in July?

barring any unforeseen disturbances (eg: hurricanes), your days will be hot and humid, mostly sunny, with maybe an hour or so of rain late afternoons....nothing to worry about....

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica in July?

Last year I went end of July/beginning of August, and it was it was muggy but then it would rain a little and then it would let up and then sun would be back out, except for the day I left when it stormed pretty much all day. I will be there the whole month of July so I guess I will find out what all the weather is like, but I really don't think there is such a thing as a BAD day in Jamaica, weather or no.

;-)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica in July?

Was there in July of 05 and Oct of 06, yes it was much more muggy in July. Another big difference was the bugs. take plenty of bug spray. I guess I am a bug magnet so the only thing that worked for me was something with deet in it. The other biggie was we had a hurricane! It sounds terrible, but was not! In fact in was kind of a fun day believe it or not. The resort was very prepared and made sure everyone was safe. We all hung out in the lobby area all day and watched it pass by. the next day it was sunny and beautiful! Of course it was not a big one!! No worse then a midwestern thundestorm. You can always get trip insurance if your worried about it. Other then that the weather wa fine.

4. Re: Jamaica in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 25, 2009