We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure what to think!!!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Conway, AR
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Not sure what to think!!!

We booked our vacation for spring break scheduled to leave march 28 back in January for 5 nights through Expedia. WELL, a lady called me today saying that the Wyndham has overbooked the hotel and is not honoring reservations thru online booking companies, such as ours, and she said she had to call at least 17 different reservations to rebook and that we have been bumped to the Half Moon Resort. While this is all fine and great and the Half Moon looks very nice, we chose the Wyndham for the waterpark for our 3 children. Now, if anyone out there can tell me the pros and cons I would be a little reassured!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,788 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

I'd say Half Moon is a step up from the Wyndham.

No water park as far as i know but they have like 3-4 private beaches, lots of swimming pools, a kids' club, horseback riding, golf, croquet and TONS of space to play!

Conway, AR
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

Have you stayed at this resort? I really could only see that they had a rather small pool?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

WOW...Half Moon is a definite step up from the Wyndham...it's a five star property***** ('nough said) and caters to the more elite clientele. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed!

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

LTinAR,

I have not stayed at Half Moon; but I have toured this property; and in my opinion, Half Moon is more than just a step up from the Wyndham. Don't get me wrong I have a beautiful time share at the Wyndham Palms. However, Half Moon is where your Tiger Woods and the like would reside for their Holiday.

Le me just say If my resort bumped me to Half Moon,

I WOULD NOT BE MAD!!!

Have a great Holiday

Respectfully,

Jamaica4you

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

LTinAR,

I never stayed at this resort, visited it several times, I have a friend who is a bell captain there, name is Bryon. Half Moon, is one of the premium six star resorts in Jamaica! The queen of England, stays there when she visits Jamaica! HM, has a lots of pools (50+) and a private bay! This is a major step up in regards to resorts. Now, this may all be a mute point if you want a water park for the kids, decisions, decisions..go for the upgrade.

Have you been to Half Moon's website, should be able to answer all your questions.

Respect,

Gil

PS, If you do HM, please say Hi to Bryon for me!

New York City
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

Wish I'd booked the Wyndham and got bumped!

Check out the prices for the Half Moon...that should tell you!

And I'm sure your kids will find plenty to do... is it warmer than where you live and is there a pool? I'm sure that's all that matters to them.

New York City
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not sure what to think!!!

On Expedia, the half moon is $990. per night (what they have available right now.)

I'm sure the cheapest rate at The Half Moon isn't much cheaper. I have no doubt you didn't pay that much for the Wyndham.

Sounds like a bit of good luck!