We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

Considering HI for our family vacation but was wondering if anyone knows what time the bars are open until? From what I've read of the reviews it seems that they close at 11 P.M.? Thanks!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

Actually the lobby bar MAY be open till 2 am. We were in bed by then. lol

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

withrespect - LOL...I may be dreaming myself...after sun and a long day who knows if I'll make it past 1 am either ;-) When hubby and I were in Punta Cana we rarely stayed up past 1 am...long, hot days in the sun will do that to a person. Just nice to know there might be a bar open later than 1 am just in case lol

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

ahhh now you've got it! I was thinking that myself...however far be it for me to tell you what to do.lol.

BTW the ocean is still spectacular to look at and play in. It's not Negril but it's still fabulous!

I had room 1234 (inside joke on TA is that I'm directionally and distance challenged....too funny my room was 1234....maybe HI reads TA?) LOL. I loved the location of that room. Enjoy

Burlington
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

Just in case you look for more updates....My family of 4 (children 5 & 10) just returned last Monday from Sunpree. The inside bar was open until 11PM and the outside bar was open until 2PM. There is also a nightclub inside the hotel that is open until 2PM. I guess that's why the inside walk up bar closes so early.

Building 1 & 2 are right beside the pool area and quite noisy in the day and early evening. We stayed in building 5 and our room was fine, and I did not see one pair of dirty underwear on the ground. And I was on the ground floor. The grounds were manicured from 7:30AM until 5PM every day we were there. The grounds are actually extremely well kept. All of the buildings have a musty smell to them. It's because they are all an open concept. There are no doors entering the buildings, just your room door. That being said, the humidity, and rain and heat, etc... cause that musty smell.

As for Oceanview rooms. It is exactly as it states. If you stand on your balcony, and lean over the edge you may get a view of some ocean. Otherwise, the Oceanfront view is directly facing the ocean. We were going to upgrade to the oceanview room but that would put us on the forth floor, and I kind of liked being able to walk in & out of our room so easily. Besides, how much time do you plan on spending in your room?

I do have to agree that the water was disappointing, It is extremely shallow, which was great for kids, but was far from crystal clear. There are also a lot of crabs and sea urchins in the water. My husband stepped on a sea urchin and got spurs stuck in his toe. Nothing that a quick trip to the nurses station didn't fix.

Hope that helps.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

Hi Aug....I guess I came when you left. Accurate description you gave except " All of the buildings have a musty smell to them."

No building one does not have any musty smell or moth ball smell at all. You must trust me that the rooms my friends had was not decent.

My ocean view was just that...ocean view...spectacular.

I agree it was noisy during the entertainment hours. I'd much rather have the spectacular view...sitting on my bed or sitting on the balcony. I didn't have to lean over to do anything. I was second from the end of the building (closest to the ocean) and it was bang on view of the island, wedding gazebo and ocean.

I'm glad you enjoyed. I thought it was a very good value for what I paid. IRIE

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

"There are also a lot of crabs and sea urchins in the water. My husband stepped on a sea urchin and got spurs stuck in his toe. Nothing that a quick trip to the nurses station didn't fix."

Okay, so maybe some water shoes might be wise? I'm not sure where I'd get some at this time of the year though...hmmm.

Thanks for the info!

**18 more days!!**

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

yes def water shoes....try your local sporting goods store. Enjoy

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

We were there for friends wedding last december and the night they got married we actually borrowed the wedding lady's c.d. player and set it up at the beach bar and played music and drank until at least 2:00 am. so i think as long as your still there the bars will stay open a bit.

Mattituck, NY
Level Contributor
847 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

As for the musty smell, we were in building 5 and it had none. Also, see if you can get the top of a building. The rooms are bigger feeling because of vaulted cielings.

20. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree MB Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 25, 2009