We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Hi everyone! We are just now planning a last minute trip to for early December. We wanted a Caribbean vacation where we could fly non-stop from Houston. Not too many options, believe it or not... Anyway, our flight will land in Montego Bay. The question is which Sandals resort is the best? Montego Bay, Royal, Negril, Ocho Rios, Whitehouse, ect.... Reading the reviews it is really hard to tell. Need an opinion from someone who has been to several. We like good tours, big pools, clean rooms, tropical gardens, sleeping late, and beautiful beaches. Don't care so much about nightlife and we are not picky about food. Thanks!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Hello Jurad,

To meet your interests, SWH would be what I would suggest. I've been to RC, MB, & WH. From WH you can take many tours, ex. day trip to Negril, Black River Deluxe, Pelican Bar, Appleton, Mayfield Falls, & YS Falls, among others. WH has three big beautiful pools, the main pool being the biggest in Jamaica. Huge hot tubs, good sized swim up bars at two of the pools, beautiful long beach, cushioned lounge chairs, all oceanfront rooms, from least expensive to most expensive, friendly accomodating staff, six restaurants, martini bar/piano bar, cafe de paris where you can get different types of coffees, pastries, crepes, etc. from 6:30am - 11pm. RC, MB are also very nice resorts, however, WH is at another level. WH has everything you are looking for and all at a very high level.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
373 Reviews
Jamaica
Pelican Bar
Pelican Bar
304 Reviews
Jamaica
Original Mayfield Falls Jamaica
Original Mayfield Falls...
1,124 Reviews
Jamaica
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,806 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
south jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

for sandals i like montego bay but we paid for sandals inn and got up graded to mobay and saved over a grand a few years a go.we paid for the sandals inn for nov in 2 weeks and they up graded us again.we wanted mobay but sold out so we picked negril.

big pool - whitehouse

best beach- negril

for the tours depends on what you want / where you stay = how long it takes to get there

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
417 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Each Sandals offers something different. MoBay is know to be the party resort. Whitehouse is beautiful, nice beach great resturants, Ocho is 2 1/2 hours away from the airport but also very nice. Royal Caribbean is quite but you can use the facilites at MoBay.

If you have any questions, please email me at LadyMAG3@comcast.net and I will try and answer them for you.

Michele

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Not to stir the pot, but why does it have to be Sandals?

Wheeling, WV
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Been to both Royal Carribean and Whitehouse. Both are really nice places with wonderful staff, but Whitehouse was our favorite. The beach is incredibly long and wide. Although the beach is clean and pretty at RC, it isn't very large and can seem crowded. The pools at Whitehouse were much larger, also. Another plus with Whitehouse is that all rooms have an ocean view, no matter the category you pay for. Hope this helps - have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
HOUSTON
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Hi MKA....

I guess Sandals because we have wanted to try Sandals for a long time now...just want it out of my system so we know what it is really like to "go to Sandals". Why? Do you recommend something else????

JR

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

I agree with MKA, why Sandals? Did you know that Sandals no-tipping policy puts a whole new meaning into the term? Unlike other all-inclusive resorts such as Couples who have a no-tipping policy but tipping is accepted if you choose to do so, with some discretion, Sandals FIRES any employee caught accepting a tip?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Jurad,

There are lots of people that like Sandals, but plenty more that come back disappointed with what they got for the money they paid.

Check pricing and make sure you get a good deal. I would also check out Couples Swept Away for pricing and what you are looking for.

No matter where you go, Enjoy and have no regrets!

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,856 Reviews
Jamaica
Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

Hey JURAD,

Way to go!!!! Glad to see you booked a SANDALS resort anyway, in spite of some of the nay-sayers on this board. Good for you. I hope you have a fabulous time. By the way, we will be at the same resort at about the same time as you. When do you have to leave? We will arrive on the 6th and depart on the 11th, so maybe we will run into you.

Wishing you safe & happy travels!

IrieLady

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Sandals is the best???? Need Help Fast!

IrieLady,

I'm not against any resort, contrary to your post, and recommend whatever seems appropriate for people posting questions. What I posted about Sandals firing employees is fact & as you appear to have an association with Sandals, as all of your Sandals biased posts would confirm, know that you cannot deny this fact. By offering other options it opens the door to a tourist. Does it not? If this person chooses Sandals, which contrary to your post he/she still has not, then good for them. It's still Jamaica either way and last time I checked we still live in a free world.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean