We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours reservation with SSB

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tours reservation with SSB

I was wondering if is best to use some other tour company out side of SSB or use the tour group in the SSB Hotel?

How are the prices at SSB tours?

And if using other tour companies which one do you recommend?

Thank you!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

They are all the same pretty much. I'd stay with the resort. They pick you up there and drop you back off there. Less hassel.

Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

I agree that prices are all about the same. That being said do not, do not, do not, do not book your trips through tour-wise. Twice I have been left standing in the lobby from 5 am. to 7.am. [ remember Jamaica time] without a call, notice, or any person to contact until the tour rep came to the resort at 8. Do not let this company ruin your vacation. Ray and Barbie at the contact desk will do whatever it takes to get you squared away and give you a million dollar smile while doing it.

Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

Sorry, I think my last post might be a bit confusing. Ray and Barbie work for SSB not tour-wise

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

I went on 2 excursions, both with Chukka Blue (they have a rep there at the hotel). Very well organized, nice folks, I'd recommend them. Try the "Canopy Tour" - it's a gas!

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

Thank you very much! Thats what i figure. =)

Latrobe...
Level Contributor
367 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

Cheryl In Aspen:

I posted a couple of days ago regarding the canopy tour and didn't get any answer. I was wondering about the cost of the canopy tour. Could you enlighten me a little? Also, how far away from SSB is it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours reservation with SSB

I think it was $60US, which included lunch. I went on a Sunday morning, and was the only one on the tour (!), so I got a "private" Canopy tour (think about that timing; best NOT to go on a day a cruise ship is in port). It's about a 30-45 minute drive from SSB to the location (they pick you up, of course); the drive through the countryside and thru small villages is fun too. Make sure you bring your camera - the guides will take photos of you sliding in to the next platform. My digital camera even does short videos, and they took a couple of those also. VERY WELL- TRAINED and RESPONSIBLE young men as tourguides; they have to undergo 200 hrs. of "training" before they let them take customers. I never felt un-safe; you're always "hooked up" when close to the platforms; hike thru the forest was not difficult either. One slide is several hundred feet long - you can't see the platform on the far side, so you really feel like you're "flying" through the treetops. They were also very knowledgeable about the flora and fauna, and gave some history of Jamaica as you walked through the forest.