We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reggae music at the RDCC - Montego Beach

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reggae music at the RDCC - Montego Beach

Just a question to those of you who have recently went to this resort (Jan '05)............ Have they started playing more reggae music yet? When we went there it was hardly played at all and I was very disappointed! I expected to hear it playing all over the resort and since I am a fan of reggae music and in Jamaica I would have thought that I would hear it all the time, but no. I mentioned it to a few of the employees that we got to know and they too wondered why it wasn't playing either and when it was playing (which wasn't often) you should have seen employees and guests alike jamming to the music, these same employees mentioned that everyone who filled out the comment cards at the end of their vacation also mentioned the lack of reggae music playing but apparently management isn't getting it. I was just wondering if the "got it" yet. We plan to return again and I will be sure to pack my cd's if I have to.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
691 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reggae music at the RDCC - Montego Beach

Are there CD players in the rooms? We'll bring our CDs, and also if they still aren't playing reggae by July we'll be sure to note that on our comment cards (maybe eventually management will get it).

If you love reggae you may want to consider visiting during Sumfest (this year July 17-25). We went for our first time last year and were in reggae heaven.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reggae music at the RDCC - Montego Beach

Next time you may want to get outside the resort and experience a real beach reggae party. As the previous post says Reggae Sumfest which is held in the Summer in Mobay is the biggest reggae festival in the world. Apart from that you can check out the local nite clubs or street dances.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Reggae music at the RDCC - Montego Beach

No, there aren't any cd players in the rooms. The bar by the pools plays music and one day I think someone gave them a reggae cd and they turned it up nice and loud which was cool. Another day we listened to some music with the workers at the water sports and they even showed me a couple of moves LOL our room was right by the watersports, unfortunately while I went to the bar to get a drink someone came from the front desk and took the boom box away so we couldn't listen to music or dance any more. We did go off the resort quite a bit and walk around and check out some of the other drinking establishments which was cool. I will keep SumFest in mind, thanks!