We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Could anyone please advise a good room number to request for two disabled ladies. My Mum and I will be at the RDMB in Nov/Dec and as we both have difficulty walking we need a room close to the main buffet restaurant and on the same floor if possible just in case of problems with the elevator. We have booked for ocean view.

Please can anyone tell me also if there is a slope going down to the beach or just steps?

Thanks guys.

England
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Hi

Been racking my brains and as far as i remember to actually go down to the water(sea) there is only steps, but to lay in the sun on the manmade beach there is no steps as it doesnt lead into the water.

Im a little unsure of room numbers but im sure someone will help out with that, but i think you should request the older side of the building and the bottom floor and this leads straight out into the resort and everything is close by as not a massive hotel.

Have a great time and wish i was there right now sat in sun drinking a cold red stripe.........

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Hi Jenn....great to see you again. I hope all is well. Are you coming back this winter ?

Silverpixie.....yes def email the resort. You need to be on the first floor no question as the elevator is difficult to get operating and is out alot of the time.

I'd highly suggest you book a ocean view BALCONY room not a VIEW room and ask if you can have the ground floor. Then you'd have about 4 steps down to the man made beach area or main pool. You'd have to go up about 4 steps to the quiet pool. To access beach you'd go down steps again.

Enjoy

Too Far North
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Doesn't RDMB still have the beach area to the left where you just walk into the water, nice and shallow? The one to the right had no water access except down some ladders into deep water, if I remember right.

The ground floor rooms would be ideal and near everything, nothing is very far at this resort.

What a nice place, you will love it but don't expect a nice long beach area unless you go down the street to the other beaches, in fact there is one almost next door.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

Hi Northtrav.....both ends of the beach have access now. But you do have to step down a couple of steps to get to them. I agree RDMB is a great value resort.....if you're not looking for beach property....there is a beach but.....it's man made. Enjoy

5. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay Disabled access.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 18, 2009