We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with picking an AI resort :)

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
514 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Help with picking an AI resort :)

Hello! Going to Jamaica next year (mid June or mid July) with a group of about 10-16 (some haven't confirmed yet lol) mainly couples, but there are some singles going as well.

Things we are looking for:

-swim up bar

-beach bar (if not at the hotel then at least close by)

-a 24 hour bar or bar that is open late would be nice.

& then the obvious things, nice beach, good staff, edible food, nice rooms, nice views, etc...

Do any AIs have the cottage/treehouse type rooms? Those look so amazing! (This is not a must...just wondering!)

Thank you so much for any responses!

*Also posting this in the Montego Bay forum as we are between both there and Negril...although leaning more towards Negril. But as I said we are going with a rather large group so it depends where everyone else wants to go!

Fallston, Maryland
Level Contributor
231 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with picking an AI resort :)

Great options. We prefer Negril over the other areas of Jamaica because of the endless beach and calm feelings/ vibes in the air. While we prefer the Couples brand, I would suggest Sunset at the Palms, Nirvana, or Club Rui if you are just starting off-- and most of the couples are not actually couples. Please inbox me if you have any questions.

Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
514 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with picking an AI resort :)

Love sunset at the palms, hate that it isn't on the beach :(

Why would you suggest Club Riu over Riu Palace Tropical Bay?

United States
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with picking an AI resort :)

Your stated requirements are very generic. About half of the AI resorts in Jamaica meet all of your needs. The 24 hr. is the main thing that reduces your selection of AI's. What else are you looking for in a resort? What is your budget? Is that number per person or per couple? Is that number including or excluding air to/from Jamaica? How long are you planning to be on the island (is it maybe a week (?)).

"Do any AIs have the cottage/treehouse type rooms?"

Yes several AI's do.

Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
514 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with picking an AI resort :)

Thevinnie:

Will be staying 4 nights, 5 days. Including flight looking around $1200 a person. Leaving from CLE airport next June or July.

Awesome news...which ones?

I think you were my go to guy like 5 months back when I first posted on our Jamaica trip! So it's good to see you again!

5. Re: Help with picking an AI resort :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 06, 2015