We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Hi

I'm going to Sandals Royal Caribbean at the end of April for 2 weeks and was wondering (hoping!!) the weather will be great.

Has anyone been at this time of year?? Whats the weather like?? Whats SRC like??

Many thanks

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Don't worry Cazni,

The weather will be fabulous! May is the beginning of the rainy season but that usually only means that you will get some evening showers for about an hour at a time.

Even if it were to rain all week (which it never does) you will still have an awesome time in Jamaica! Make a point to explore some of the island itself, it is incredible.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Cazni, if it rains in May, believe me, you'll love it. I've never seen people run for cover because it never last long. You can watch the rain travel across the sky and wave goodbye as it fades in the distance.

Candy

Iowa
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Jamaica April/May??

I looked at the averages on Weather.com, and April was about 2 inches total on the average and May was over 6. We had planned mid May but I don't want to have rain every day becuase I plan to spend my time on the beach. It sounds like from what you say Steve, that May wouldn't be that bad??? I have to say we have taken cruises the last 2 years in March and the first time there was not a cloud in the sky the entire time. Last year we had one totally sunny day and one party cloudy but still ok, the rest were either rain or VERY WINDY. You just never know what you will get! But you think May is still OK?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Thanks Guys

Can't wait to go-only 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Jamaica April/May??

Hey, great advice everyone...

I've traveled to Jamaica 8 times in 6 years - 2 of those times have in in April. The weather is pleasant, but be prepared for rain and beautiful rain bows!

I would also take some cold medication for sore throat and runny nose. The change in climate from Northern Ireland to Jamaica may slightyly disrupt your resistance. I caught mild cold - but it certainly did not tarnish my fun in the sun in Jamaica.

Any questions, feel free to e-mail me for more Jamaica insight.

Cheers.

windjammer777