We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

My hub and I (middle age) have one month vacation.

This time (Feb or Mar 2015) we think about Negril for swimming, snorkelling, watching sunrise / sunset ... We neither drink nor dance - just coffee or Coke and watch the world go by.

Should we stay in Negril for the whole month or spend a week - 10 days in Montego bay?

Thank you.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

If I had that amount of time I would do a Negril beach side/cliff side split. Check out this list for both, lots of small great places in Negril. Love the look of Catcha= www.negrilonestop.com/cliffresorts.shtml

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Or maybe spend some time in Ochi. If I was on the island for a month I would definitely split my time between areas.

United States
Level Contributor
11,083 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

I would split my time between areas on the island. For total relaxing have you ever considered going to Little Bay? Another place to look into for great relaxing is Boston Bay.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

It is a subjective point of view obviously but for me personally, if i was doing Jamaica for a month as a tourist, I would stay maybe two or three days in Mo Bay, maybe a couple of weeks in Negril (one week on the beach and another on the cliffs), a week in Treasure beach and a week in Portland and a couple days in Ocho Rios. Also St. Mary's & Trelawny have some nice areas to visit. Mandeville too!

In your case where you are dividing your time between Negril and Mo bay, l would say that three or four days in Mo Bay is plenty.

JMHO.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice.

Now I'm thinking of my new plan based on what you suggest. Thinking - thinking - reading - reading

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

catcatab, that's the fun part, the planning! Good luck with your decision, I would love to be able to spend a month on vacation in Jamaica!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

catcatab...how fantastic to be able to spend a month in Jamaica! The most we've been able to stay at one time is almost 3 weeks and we spent that time at 3 different island locations. You don't mention whether you've been to Jamaica before and have been able to experience some of the island. With that amount of vacation time, I would definitely consider staying in varied locations over the month to experience the many different areas. There is so much to see and do!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Nice trip!! I would stay mostly in Negril and venture out on long and fun excursions!!

7 days in Mobay is good to wind down your trip and do excursion on that coast..Bird sanctuary; Martha Brae bamboo river rafting and Glistening Waters!

I always move around as I have people to see but one month in Negril is amazing!! I oten start in Negril and have a hard time leaving!

PEACE!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Amazing how helpful Tripadvisor society is! I appreciate TA members who advice, suggestions have properly proved invaluable to us. Posters really care about new travelers and try so hard and patiently answer questions. I appreciate that sooooo much! Our last trip I didn't buy a guide book just pages of my bookmarks from TA. And our trip went smoothly as silk.

Travelpair55,

We visit a country once and move on to another one for our next trip. So Jamaica will be our first trip also. I search and read a lot about wherever I plan to visit for months before buying the tickets.

yes, from Negril I would have some day trips to YS falls, Mayfield falls, Blue hole, market at Sav la Mar , bird sanctuary ...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we stay 7 days or more in Montego Bay?

Sorry bushgrl, I meant to write this for you.

yes, from Negril I would have some day trips to YS falls, Mayfield falls, Blue hole, market at Sav la Mar , bird sanctuary ...