We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks

new york
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drinks

What is a rum cream?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks

hi................similar to Baileys ................very nice over ice

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks

As buffalo soldier said - very similar to Baileys - however, they also have flavored rum creams - Coffee, Coconut, Banana, etc... = very delicious!

Try it in a dirty banana - a frozen drink to die for!

Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks

I had those lots of times in Costa Rica...hail the dirty banana!!

Will be trying this part of the world in jan, can't wait!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks

Try a hummingbird, it's my favorite. I can't find regular rum creme in Wisconsin. When we go to Jamaica we always being a couple of bottles back with us. Have found that Sangsters is about the best.

jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks

hummingbirds are the best followed buy the dirty bananna!!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks

Luvja, try asking at your local liquor store - I found a dusty bottle in mine, and was shocked - I mentioned something to the cashier, and she told me they can get it, and will order when asked.

Or try online - lots of places sell it.

In a pinch, make your own (not quite as good, but tasty)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz Dark rum

1/2 oz Creme de Banane

1 oz Light cream

Mixing instructions:

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all of the ingredients. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks

I loved the dirty bannanas and the hummingbirds..but the favorite mixed drink I tried while in Negril was something at the Seastar called "Purple Rain"...like a frozen grapish fruity slushy kinda thing, and it was awesome..if you are in the neighborhood, it's worth going by just to try one of those!

England
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks

as said above simliar to baileys but with rum not whisky, but in my opinion sooooooo much nicer than baileys, espcially when in a cocktail

daytona beach, FL
Level Contributor
344 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks

what other kinds of drinks do they have at SRC, do they only have 1 type of beer? or can you get almost anything.

CC

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks

Cruzan Rums, out of St. Croix, also makes a great rum cream and it is available everywhere here in Indiana (even in the grocery store).

Try to look for that. Maybe even ask a local liquor store if they can get it if they don't have it--every liquor store will carry Cruzan rum.