We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about the water?

mobile,alabama
10 posts
Save Topic
question about the water?

we are going to the rose hall resort in august and we are going a/i and we just found out that water iss not included in an all-inclusive, yea go figure. is the water safe to drink out of the tap or do we have to pay 4 dollars a bottle for water? sounds like disney world to me charge extra for water.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: question about the water?

no worries. in general the water in jamaica is very good from the tap (i.e. you will be fine drinking water from the tap).

tom

mobile,alabama
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: question about the water?

thank you tamas for such a quick and reassuring response

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about the water?

Hi ejcurry

I don't really understand what your saying because if you're A/I then you automatically get water on your table. Unless things are different at Rose Hall, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the water is safe and amongst the safest in the world especially on the resorts.

Yes, you can drink from the taps though I've noticed some hotels may have a notice stating you can't drink the water from the Bathroom.

Others will come along and give you advice but there is already plenty of threads on the forum if you do a search.

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: question about the water?

you are welcome. have a great time on your vacation. i'm sure you will.

tom

5. Re: question about the water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:08 pm, July 26, 2006
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about the water?

The tap water at Rose Hall is actually better for you and safer than bottled water. Bottled water is spring water in plastic.

The tap water in Jamaica (most) is chlorine and membrane treated. No worries.. Not like most undeveloped countries. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean