We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best souvenirs from Jamaica

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Hi

I'm getting married in July and want to buy our six guest something to sag thanks for coming to Jamaica!

What is the best souvenir people have taken home for others?

Thanks

S x

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

I always like the wood carvings. You can find vendors who will make them or customize them just for you. You will have them long after your trip as mementos. Food is nice, but it either spoils or is eaten and than you have nothing. Same with coffee or Rum Cream.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Sarah,

I will be there on Feb. 21 to March 3. When will you be there? They had awesome shops for souvenir at the Sandals Whitehouse to get all you needed. I know that Sandals Royal Caribbean is much smaller but I am sure you will be able to find all you need right there. If you know ahead what you are going to need, you can even ask your butler (if you have one) to take care of it.

Alex

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Just saw July...soory, I will have a look and let you know what they have at the permisses.

Alex

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Anod is right!!! However it does not apply to Banana rum cream...OMG took 6 bottles back and declared them at cuistom and the agent said...miam..go ahead LOL

I have wood sculptures from Jamaica that I bought 30 years ago just make sure they bring them back in their carry on, the cold in the airplane luggage compartment split mine almost in half :(

Alex

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Rum creme isn't a souvenir. It's a mandatory item to return home with. Souvenirs are wants. Rum creme is a need.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Thanks Alex

S x

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Anod1,

I am much more of a fan of the banana rum cream....OMG

Thats is awesome and mandantory, I bring at least 6 bottles that I declare at custom, don't mind paying taxes on it, We love it.

Alex

Omaha
Level Contributor
24 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

What a fun idea..I will look for them

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
608 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

Check out the sauces in the gift shop at SRC, SaraMo0. They are unique to Sandals and very good. We bought the "Catchafire" as gifts, and now we receive requests from everyone to bring it back every time we go. You'l find other unique items in the gift shop as well.Your Sandals wedding coordinator may be able to provide suggestions, and help you prepare the gifts by your special day. We were married at Sandals Montego Bay several years ago and had a vow renewal last year. In both instances, the wedding coordinator was helpful.

20. Re: Best souvenirs from Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 02, 2015